• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Check out my Dad's interveiw about WWII

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Reaction score
The local news station interviewed my Dad a while back about his service in the Navy during WWII. It is going to be in the Library of Congress in Washington,D.C. Pretty neat I think. Here is the link to the web site.

WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS: Veterans History Project: Clifford Wiggins

If you click on the little red camera above the pictures of him there is a video to watch, :thumbs up:

"They sent me on down there for the atomic bomb test. They wanted to know what it would do to surface ships. All they did was tell us to turn our heads and of course the mushroom cloud went up and you feel the shockwave and all."

WTF!!! Your Dad must be freakin indestructible. I think its cool that his story will be now part of history... I wish my grandfather was alive to tell his stories of IndoChina before the war and battles like Pelilu and give his bit of history to the library... Quite a generation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks WOAT, he is a pretty amazing man from an amazing Generation.

Always good to see recognition given and remembering those who have served. I usually still try and call everyone I know who has served on Veterans Day. My father always tries to downplay it and says that our entire family made the sacrifice, although it is still important to me that he knows that looking back it was likely the best upbringing I could have asked for, and he deserves the recognition for making that commitment.

You should be proud, as I am sure you are.

Thanks WOAT, he is a pretty amazing man from an amazing Generation.

My dad was an infantry Sergeant in Europe during WWII so I share your admiration for that generation. You're dad seems like one tough SOB. Nice to see him get the recognition he has earned.

I love it when this stuff (history!) gets saved somewhere. Give him congrats from me... he earned it. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. I appreciate ya'll humoring me and checking it out. Yes I am quite proud of him and everything he did and has done in his life. :thumbs up:

I'll show this thread to my Dad next time I go down. He will get a kick out of a bunch of guys he doesn't even know bragging on him. This is just another of the reasons I love this place. ;)

I'll show this thread to my Dad next time I go down. He will get a kick out of a bunch of guys he doesn't even know bragging on him. This is just another of the reasons I love this place. ;)
You just may want to not log in for the members section, as when he learn's ssmokin' is another honorable Vet, he may want to see his pictures. :laugh:

I remember the earlier article about Sssmokin', may want to forward that on to him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back