• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Coming to a venue near ME!

3521294+_8778d658dc34e283b76dd3fcbbd21fe9.jpg

Do you play those course much? Of course everyone in Ireland lives that close to those courses LOL. :D

Portstewart is my home club. It's actually got three courses (54 holes), but the Championship course is called the Strand. I'm lucky, I get to play that every Saturday, rain or shine.

Royal Portrush, I maybe get to play that once per year. They are adding two new holes to the existing layout, very unusual as the course is so old / traditional, but they are having to sacrifice their existing 17th and 18th holes for the tented village / infrastructure. The new holes look awesome. I'm looking forward to playing them.

And you are kind of right. Tip to tip, Ireland is 300 miles. Even allowing for poor roads you can pretty much drive it in 7-8 hours.

This news is a big thing for Northern Ireland. It will be the biggest sporting event the country has ever seen. It is estimated that it will bring in ~£100m in additional revenue. I know it is four years away but there is a massive buzz already.

Cool to hear IG! The U.S. Open will be less than a half hour from my house when it is at the country club in (I think) 2020

Nah, the Big Fella did most of the ground work. He sent Ireland a potato famine to make sure we ended up going to America to finish off his work.

That gives plenty of time for your book to be published and you become independently wealthy. We will expect a chartered jet to pick up the ShotTalk crew and rooms reserved at the inn closest to the action!!!! Anything less... and you're banned!!!!!:D

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1