• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Composite Sticks

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few hockey players out there and I was looking for any opinions on a few sticks I am looking at. It's impossible to find reviews on sticks and it's not like you can demo them, plus they are crazy expensive up to $200 each, which when you have guys hacking at you they can break pretty easily.

This being said, I have been thru several in the past few years - Most recently Louisville TPS Redline and Easton Synergy, but I always come back to my trusty Coffey 5030 Sherwood wooden stick - you know the one with the crazy toe curve that all the old men on pickup night seem to be using.

Here are 2 that I thought I'd try in a soft flex to get some more power out of my shot... I know this is a long shot, but has anyone tried them or can they recommend a stick that I can find for ~50 bucks.

Thanks!

Nike Bauer Vapor V2 Senior Hockey Stick

RBK 7K SicKick Senior Hockey Stick

Haven't heard of either of those sticks, but back home I have both the easton synergy and the Coffey 5030 Sherwood.

The coffey stick is most likely my fav stick. Don't see any reason why you shouldnt just stick with it!

The RBK stick is a lot lighter than the V2. but then Im pretty sure that the V2 is quite a bit cheaper then the RBK.

I work at a sports store and I find that there tends to be alot more bauer sticks break than anything else, so that is something to be aware of. In the end it mainly comes down to feel, if one of them feels better in your hands it will probably work better for you.
*If this doesn't make sense it is probably because I am really tired and having trouble thinking straight*

I'm pretty late, but I've been playing hockey for a long while and have been through my array of sticks.

First on the list of quality - Easton, hands down. I'm using Si-cores right now, but after the 2 I have I'm going to move onto ST's.

If you want a high quality one piece, Easton ST is your stick.

Shaft and blade? Easton Ultra-lites are tanks. Blade wise...I tend to like Bauer more.

Wood? Sher-wood 9050.

Instead of buying a low end one piece (Bauer V2), buy a high end wood stick (9050, Fibre Lite, etc). The quality will be non-existent in a low end one piece, and it will definitely show in a high end woodie.

I have not played in a while, but I used to love my Dougy Gilmore Titan stick. Flattest curve available. Never found another stick or blade like it.

The last year I played I bought a Mission an used it for like..5 games. Had to stop playing after that..waste of money..

I like my "Happy Gilmore" putter.

Thanks guys.

I picked up 2 more Coffeys and will stick with the lumber for now ;)

I have not played in a while, but I used to love my Dougy Gilmore Titan stick. Flattest curve available. Never found another stick or blade like it.

I have an autographed Gilmour Chunky Soup Titan and a Wendal Clarke autographed Chunky Soup Sher Wood.

:laugh:

R35

Thanks guys.

I picked up 2 more Coffeys and will stick with the lumber for now ;)

I play the Coffee blade in my Bauer Titanium shaft. It was expensive (~$200 new), but it's ultra lite and gets the shot off like a composite.

When I played senior two winters ago, a guy brought two composites to a game and broke both of them in one period. He went back to his Sherwood and played with one almost the entire rest of the season.

Unless you're an allstar and want to look the part, just buy and ultralite wood stick and play with what guys have been playing with for years.

R35

I just tended to go through wood sticks like nothing, plus i hate a heavy stick. I loved the Easton classic but used to break them after 2-3 ice times. I've used and broken many composite sticks such as: Mission M-1, Easton Synergy prostock, CCM Vector VXL, Synergy Si-core grip, Vector V130, and finally my current gamer, a Synergy ST Grip. The synergy were by far the best overall sticks. Light, durable, and producing wicked shots. My fav. of all of the was the NHL prostock synergy. It wasn't released to retail, and it looked like the old synergy ST (silver with red lettering) but it weighed even less than the SL (ST= Super Tough - the heavier much stronger version and SL = Super Light - lightweight version). It was the lightest stick i'd ever felt, including the vapor 40 lite. I wish i could find another one, but they're no longer produced for the NHL so are very difficult to come by. All in all - Buy an Easton composite.

I have that V2 along with a high end Synergy. The V2 is worth its price nothing more. The synergy on the other hand is one cool stick. My shot with this thing is almost a full 10mph faster. Amazing products from what was available just 10 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520