• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer question

Well, I'd like to spend nothing. :D

The PSU is a 600W Coolmax with a number of unused connections. When it comes to the video card I'm not looking for the latest and greatest. I don't game. I only use my PC for cruising the net and watching videos (youtube, streaming, etc.). My IT guy gave me one which is quite a smaller in size then the one I had.

Well, I'd like to spend nothing. :D

The PSU is a 600W Coolmax with a number of unused connections. When it comes to the video card I'm not looking for the latest and greatest. I don't game. I only use my PC for cruising the net and watching videos (youtube, streaming, etc.). My IT guy gave me one which is quite a smaller in size then the one I had.

Lame...

That, and I didn't get to help you find a new graphics card
I don't have anything against gaming. I play on the Xbox every once in a while. As to the video card, I'm getting another one. The one I got from the IT guy is a temp.

OK Lark talk to me. Back at home my monitor and IT guy's video card don't talk. I'm thinking about a decent card from last years line-up. What do you think?

I'm currently using the motherboard's integrated card. Awful.

OK Lark talk to me. Back at home my monitor and IT guy's video card don't talk. I'm thinking about a decent card from last years line-up. What do you think?

I'm currently using the motherboard's integrated card. Awful.
Hold on...gotta get on my computer...anything specific you're looking at?

One thing though, my current monitor only has a VGA port. No DVI port. It's a smallish Dell that I'm not against getting rid of. I'm actually tempted to get a flat screen TV (26-28") for a monitor.

One thing though, my current monitor only has a VGA port. No DVI port. It's a smallish Dell that I'm not against getting rid of. I'm actually tempted to get a flat screen TV (26-28") for a monitor.

You would probably be OK with that since you're not a gamer...but TV's don't have the pixel density needed for viewing up close. They're designed to be viewed from a distance. You might not notice though, especially if you can get back a couple feet.

I'm finally on the computer...so I'm going to go do some looking at prices and specs and see what I can find.

Any idea on a price range I'm guessing <$100

That second one looks like a keeper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35