• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Crying Poverty

ezra76

Reaction score
I just got my W2 from work and I made $14,931 last year. :laugh: That's pathetic. Even if I were to account generously for $50 a week in tips I'd still make as much if I got a 40hr. a week job making $8.33hr. The fast food joints pay more than that I think around here. I've got some thinking to do. If I could pull a gig working 32hrs. a week at just $12hr. I'd be making $5K a year more. No wonder my truck got repoed and I'm always fecking broke, duh, I made over twice as much my old job. :rolleyes:

I would rob a bank.

If you're successful, you get wads of cash.

If you're not, you get three squares a day and a roof over your head.

I think it's win-win.:laugh:

R35

Have any construction skills?

I worked for a GC for a while when I was younger. I've done framing, roofing, concrete forms, siding... heck I think I've done almost everything there is to do at least once but never did enough to be really good at anything. I'm not to crazy about heights either.
icon10.gif

Man, you can beat that with half the wear and tear on the old bod. There's got to be something in your area that pays the big bucks. Driving a semi is one. Let someone else do the loading and unloading at the docks. Go for it Ez!! :)

yup. Big call for truckers. many companies will even train you. England trains, I'm pretty sure.

i made 20,000 last year... well i only worked for 8 months really... this year ill make roughly 30k... factory jobs are pretty underrated seeing as how i make decent money and get to talk about golf all day with my boss. lol. plus they usually have fantastic benefits. dental health and everything. i am even going to start my ira soon... hopefully so i can retire a little bit earlier than usual. you should look into factory jobs in your area. the money is good and the work is remedial at best. a monkey could do my job...

I just got my W2 from work and I made $14,931 last year. :laugh: That's pathetic.

wow, that's sad. I seriously couldn't afford to even get up in the morning for that tiny amount.

Ezra, have you ever considered a life of crime? I hear the pay can be spectacular?

:D

Seriously, I feel your pain. Business is sucky right now. It doesn't help that it's cold as heck right now, and I can't even hit golf balls. That job in Puerto Rico is starting to look better and better. If I knew for sure that I'd be able to play golf there, I'd apply.

Wow dude, that sucks. When we go to Bethpage, the round is on me.

I work in construction, and pay is one of the major reasons. The wear and tear on the old body kinda sucks, but even that is better than in moving! Because I'm self-employed, the schedule is awesome, too.

Anyway, if I were you, I'd do some serious looking.

Ouch Ezra, that sux man. Good thing you probably made twice that much ho'ing clubs huh? Seriously though, get you a CDL and move down here, I'll put you to work driving a hostler truck, home everyday,off weekends and over double what you made last year. :laugh:

Thanks guys. I gotta do something I suppose. I made more off tips and got paid cash for some trips but not much more. I'm going to start fishing around for something better, little more $$ and a decent schedule. I get pretty lazy though. Today I realized I've worked just 3 days-17hrs. since I got back from my work trip to FL, on friggen Dec. 23rd. :laugh: I'm just lazy, no doubt about it. I think I might average more time on the golf course per year than hours working... certainly more time logged in on Shottalk than working, no contest. lol.

dame if you get a job making more money then i can't imagine the Hoing you will do:). I'm still confused how you ho so much and make so little

Hoing is my 2nd income.
icon10.gif

Try and find a job at a country club, like a caddymaster. At the club i work at the caddymaster makes about 10-15 an hour (just a guess) plus he walks out with a $100 dollars in tips everyday (not a guess). On weekends he could make 150-200 in tips.

Plus its a good lazy person job-you just collect the tips and make kids like me do all the work :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520