• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dented G425 LST… on the back!!!!

Dmallen79

Reaction score
Hello all and please believe me when I tell you that I take extremely good care of my clubs!! No I didn’t hit anything other than the face of the club with the ball. Has anyone seen this before?? Please help!!

Attachments

• IMG_1539.jpeg
    IMG_1539.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1540.jpeg
    IMG_1540.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum.

As for your dilemma, judging by all the scuff marks and dings on the back of that head, I'd argue you don't take extremely good care of it. The location of the dent looks to be exactly where it would dent if you slammed it down in disgust after a poor tee shot. We all do it, but yeah you definitely hit something other than the face of the club with a ball.

A few thoughts come to mind. Has your bag tipped over or fallen off a cart because it wasn't strapped in lately? Do you drive an SUV, or throw your clubs in the trunk, or ride high in trunk? Maybe slammed the door on it? Or do you maybe let your irons or wedges drop down from a height when you put them back, although I think you would have heard that.

About 20 years ago, I snapped the shaft on a 3w once closing the back door in an SUV. Fortunately it stayed somewhat attached, the way it snapped looked like it happened on a shot. Adams re-shafted it for free. Ever since, I put the heads in first.

I also snapped the shaft on my driver once taking the head cover off, which was tight, and I was pulling it off at an angle. It expoded on my thumb, and my thumb went completely numb. Ever since, I take the cover off my driver to start a round, put it back on in the end. Yeah, my club maker didn't believe I didn't have anger issues. ;)

... and no, I don't. Probably one of the calmest people you will ever see on a golf course, outside of a few four letter words under my breath here and there. I threw a club the first or second year I golfed once when I killed my best round, and decided if I ever did that again, I needed to find a more enjoyable and less humbling hobby.

From a less than professional observance, I'd have to agree the dent was caused by something other than what the club is designed to do. Bag falling off a cart of falling over on a garage or basement floor. But, as small diameter that appears to be, would bet it was hit against a tee market after a bad drive.
Probably not much one can do to repair it. From the stress mark above the dent, it may affect the performance of the driver. Might try hitting it on the range and, should it seem okay, just use it and give it another chance to do the job for which intended.

And, I'm anal about the care of my clubs. Drives me nuts hearing playing partners drop/slam their clubs back in the bag. Due to playing cast irons, I don't use iron covers. But, all my metal woods and hybrids have their covers on all during the round. Used to clean my irons after every round. The past few years where I store my cart at the course, usually only get them home once a week to clean. If temps drop below freezing or ambient temps exceed 85, the clubs go home and are kept in an environment where I don't think the temps might affect the epoxy. Our cart storage sheds are nothing but metal buildings. The heat index this afternoon hit 107 degrees F with ambient at an even 100 degrees. No way would I have left my clubs in an oven like that. They're good to me. I paid good money for them. Gonna treat them with care.

But, as small diameter that appears to be, would bet it was hit against a tee market after a bad drive.
This. And it could have even been from recoil, not necessarily slamming it. It is certainly possible to be watching the ball fly down the fairway and pull the club back down and accidentally hit the tee marker.

And, I'm anal about the care of my clubs. Drives me nuts hearing playing partners drop/slam their clubs back in the bag. Due to playing cast irons, I don't use iron covers. But, all my metal woods and hybrids have their covers on all during the round. Used to clean my irons after every round. The past few years where I store my cart at the course, usually only get them home once a week to clean. If temps drop below freezing or ambient temps exceed 85, the clubs go home and are kept in an environment where I don't think the temps might affect the epoxy. Our cart storage sheds are nothing but metal buildings. The heat index this afternoon hit 107 degrees F with ambient at an even 100 degrees. No way would I have left my clubs in an oven like that. They're good to me. I paid good money for them. Gonna treat them with care.
You sleep beside them at night, don't you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520