• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Diamana white board Shaft?

For what it's worth, I have the WB in Stiff, and I hover around 100-103 SS last I checked on a launch monitor.

I prefer stiffer tips in my shafts, and have a pretty quick top-end transition.

Just go hit a bunch of shafts, buy a pull, it's usually cheaper.

More NV ragging lol - yet there are still guys on tour who swing harder than all you guys, who play it... go figure.

The NV is far from a noodle, same goes for the Blueboard.

More NV ragging lol - yet there are still guys on tour who swing harder than all you guys, who play it... go figure.

The NV is far from a noodle, same goes for the Blueboard.

I qualified my responses that it doesn't work for my swing. And, i gave several suggestions of shafts that DO work for my swing.

There are lots of guys on Tour that don't have my swing. LOTS. :D

R35

I qualified my responses that it doesn't work for my swing. And, i gave several suggestions of shafts that DO work for my swing.

There are lots of guys on Tour that don't have my swing. LOTS. :D

R35

Please don't take this as a flame but I'm willing to bet 95% of the guys on tour bring it harder than you do. Possibly more.

Slightly OT but I have to agree with FATC1TY on the Fubuki 73 although mine is an "S" instead of an "X". I have it in a Wishon 949MC 10.5* driver head and I hit BOMBS with it. I freaking love that shaft and have been on the "ho" for some pulls to try in some of my 949 fairways.

I should be using the X, but got a great deal on the X. I noticed no difference in the X flex, than I do with some of my S flexes, personally. I've actually found more fairways. One of my last rounds, I got 12 of 14 fairways.

Last week, I had 10 of 14.. I can't complain. I just picked up a Ozik HD-6, which is slightly lower ball flight than the Fubuki, with the low spin. Gonna see how it works out.

But FWIW.. Fubuki is blows the whiteboard away. My whiteboard is in my guest bedroom laying on the bed, and has been for 3 weeks.

I've had a Titleist 909 D3 with a whiteboard X flex and a Titleist 905R with a ProForce V2 and to be quite honest I can't tell any difference between the two clubs. Perhaps the whiteboard is a little more stiff. One thing is for sure the ProForce can be found a lot cheaper and its a great shaft in any club I've tried. My driver SS is 116.

I should be using the X, but got a great deal on the X. I noticed no difference in the X flex, than I do with some of my S flexes, personally. I've actually found more fairways. One of my last rounds, I got 12 of 14 fairways.

Last week, I had 10 of 14.. I can't complain. I just picked up a Ozik HD-6, which is slightly lower ball flight than the Fubuki, with the low spin. Gonna see how it works out.

But FWIW.. Fubuki is blows the whiteboard away. My whiteboard is in my guest bedroom laying on the bed, and has been for 3 weeks.

same thing here
i MUST hit a high bend, i dont know why but its something about my swing
i snap hook mids and slide the hell out of lows
as for the rest of the characteristics of it it seems lower torque the better for me and after a few swings generally i can get a hold of them
im right at the mark for S and X, i personally prefer S as i seem to get more out of it, easier to work and alot less energy, i can swing 80% instead of 100%
i second the fubuki as well, i havent had much time to compare side by side but i think i like the WB over the fubu but the fubu does feel a bit smoother
only other shaft i can recommend would be a vs proto or maybe a protopype
if you are hitting an NV well id say try a blueboard and whiteboard, youd probably settle on the blue

Please don't take this as a flame but I'm willing to bet 95% of the guys on tour bring it harder than you do. Possibly more.

No flame at all. But I'm willing to bet that guys like Tiger and Phil couldn't hit the NV because of it's profile. A guy like Freddie or Ernie would smoke it tho.

Swingspeed don't mean jack when it comes to shafts. It's all about matching your swing to a profile that mates well with it.

R35

the difference though is in how they profile. by the very bottom of the swing, yeah, their SS may be higher, but if say R35 was more aggresive in how he transitions from the backswing to the downswing, that shaft is going to feel like junk to him compared to the guy that gradually loads the shaft until impact.

I'd just like to thank all of you.... this thread has learned me alot. I haven't thought about shafts much. I'm starting to want to search for the right shaft for me. I'll send you guys the bill when I find one.

Let me guess.... doing a pull on a Rapture is a pain in the ass because of the composite.

Re: Diamana white board Saft?

Swingspeeds are a bit of a misnomer when it comes to shafts. You really need to know how they profile, or feel. Some guys prefer softer tips and want to feel the head more in their swing (see: Aldila NV) and others want a more stout, deader feel that delivers solid contact (see: Diamana Whiteboard).

If you can go and demo one, I would suggest doing that. In fact, go out and demo a bunch of shafts and find what type delivers the best bang for the buck. More often than not, when people do this, they are surprised by their findings.

Your local shop should have a Callaway or Cobra/Titleist fitting cart that can help you accomplish this. Just say you're thinking of buying "X" driver, but you're unsure of what shaft you'd like in it. Then, hit everything they have and then say you're "gonna think about it" and walk out.

Then, go and buy a pull that will fit your driver and you're set.

R35

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out what my club has to offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520

3. 15,298