• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did anyone know of the new TM R5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Reaction score
i saw it in the add today for dick's sporting goods, its like a 440 cc version of the r7, i personally wouldn't play it but this was the very first time i saw it

personnally i dont understand, why are they billing it as a sister club to the r7?
it does not use moveable wieghts its just available in two different trajectory biases.

440 cc is a beast though

i wouldn't want it but i hadn't even heard of it, weird

Another one ?

Jaysus TM are really dipping wallets bigtime now ..... that's 4 drivers I can think of in the last year 580XD, XR-05 CTI, R7 and R5. I'm all for TM as I worship at their chapel (Driver, Irons and Putter), but there comes a stage where ya gotta ask yerself where the innovation stops and the crass money grabbing begins..

Dave Ireland said:
Jaysus TM are really dipping wallets bigtime now ..... that's 4 drivers I can think of in the last year 580XD, XR-05 CTI, R7 and R5. I'm all for TM as I worship at their chapel (Driver, Irons and Putter), but there comes a stage where ya gotta ask yerself where the innovation stops and the crass money grabbing begins..

Ya know Dave, this may be the "new business model" for equipment manufacturers.

A dizzying array of products introduced every few months vs. every few years.....

Keeps all the clubho's all stirred up...

I never bought into the R7, so i'm not sure what they're angle is. I tried it out, it's decent, but wouldn't come close to unseating my GBBII.

I like the idea, but it seems gimicky. Why not set up something where when you go in to try the club, they set it up to fit your preference, and then you get the club sent to you that way.

Wouldn't that make more sense? I guess it would suck for second hand guys trying to find a club that "creates a low trajectory draw for a swing speed at about 92mph", know what i mean?

R35

Bravo said:
Ya know Dave, this may be the "new business model" for equipment manufacturers.

A dizzying array of products introduced every few months vs. every few years.....

Keeps all the clubho's all stirred up...

Yep I agree Bravo, it seems that the whole Golf business is moving into the same sphere as the autotrade. I wonder how an improved model can follow on barely 6 months from the previous one, to my mind it can't be anything other than an aestethic upgrade

I think it was Bravo that didn't believe me about a month ago when I said the R5 was coming out. I think we also had a bet that the loser would pay all expenses to a course near them.

When can I expect my tickets? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427