• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dispersion in blades and cavity backs.

Yall hunt birds right? Is its so different, a rifle/blade or shotgun/cb? Does the game being hunted have anything to do with the weapon used or am I the only guy that wants to be on the opposite mountain when shooting a grizzly? Just in case you miss? The tool used is only relevant to the job you ask it to do.

Last edited:
Yall hunt birds right? Is its so different, a rifle/blade or shotgun/cb? Does the game being hunted have anything to do with the weapon used or am I the only guy that wants to be on the opposite mountain when shooting a grizzly? Just in case you miss? The tool used is only relevant to the job you ask it to do.
Grizzly bears are just big old fluffy bunnies with teeth...and claws...and an insatiable thirst for human blood......

I've never beloved the claim that blades have a tighter dispersion than CBs. If anything, it should be the other way around because a CB's design should be more forgiving on mishits.
So my badger buddy says a cb "should" be more forgiving on a miss hit. But what game is he after? The weekend roll out with buddies? Break 90 and its a good day?

Muscle cavities actually, but im indecisive.

So my badger buddy says a cb "should" be more forgiving on a miss hit. But what game is he after? The weekend roll out with buddies? Break 90 and its a good day?
Its simple physics and moment of intertia. An object moves in a given direction until acted on my another force, namely a ball hitting it on the heel or the tie. The cavity helps the club to resist that force and still send the ball fairly straight and a similar distance. When you have a blade, with no weighting; its much easier to twist that club as impact, send the ball offline and send it a shorter distance.
If you want to play blades, shoot 120 and feel of, so superior because you play blades, thats cool. Have fun with that. I figure that golf is hard enough, so why not play the most forgiving clubs that you can? Do you play persimmons and wound balls too? ;)

Its simple physics and moment of intertia. An object moves in a given direction until acted on my another force, namely a ball hitting it on the heel or the tie. The cavity helps the club to resist that force and still send the ball fairly straight and a similar distance. When you have a blade, with no weighting; its much easier to twist that club as impact, send the ball offline and send it a shorter distance.
If you want to play blades, shoot 120 and feel of, so superior because you play blades, thats cool. Have fun with that. I figure that golf is hard enough, so why not play the most forgiving clubs that you can? Do you play persimmons and wound balls too? ;)
Actually I play Rocketbladez with sole cavities and kbs reg mid bend shafts and usually shoot in the mid/high 70s. My drivers are hot and my women hotter.

Make that Rocketbladez tour irons. One step back from those full GI irons TM makes.

Last edited:
BG, both physics and myself agree with you. Triky does not. Don't allow his disagreement get under your skin. The arguments about forged vs. cast and blades vs. perimeter weighted has gone on for decades. Those deeply entrenched on either side have formed their opinions from personal experience or from listening to too much marketing baloney. For centuries, we have seen Methodist vs. Presbyterian arguments. Those arguments, along with the blade vs. perimeter weighted, will continue. Each is entitled to their own opinion and most will find some justification for that opinion. That justification may not have the credibility of a $3 bill. None the less, the argument goes on.

You could probably find this excerpt or something super similar in every blade thread ever. I'm going to be getting some playa sticks in the near future, possibly even blades. Because I like them. Not because I am trying to come up with any justification for using them even though I suck. I just find it hard to use a club after I've puked on it. I can definitely do a cavity back, just not SGI's.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520