• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you play all year long?

I've never played in winter before, but now that I know my local coruse is open year long I might.

I do go to the range in the winter. only downside is the mats are the only heated part.

I go layered baby! Underarmor Coldgear, Shirt, REI Coldgear(type) overshirt, sweater-vest(nice warm cashmere one, tournament winning prize), and a lined Footjoy jacket.

Suprisingly works well, keeps me warm, layers so I can shed and take on as need be, and can swing in it.

Not a problem down here in Southern California, golf year round baby!

Yeah, I've scraped snow off the driving range mat to hit balls in 30 degree weather. Unless the course is closed because of snow or frozen conditions, I'll play. Rain, wind, doesn't matter.

April til Nov. The winters seem to get longer every year.

The club is technically only closed in January, but we're also big skiers in this family. Taking a break from golf makes it special when we get back to it. Once we finish up the February ski trip, I start getting antsy again.

Live in Austin Texas, January/February has chances for chilly weather (near freezing/don't last long), apart from that I play year around.

Live in Austin Texas, January/February has chances for chilly weather (near freezing/don't last long), apart from that I play year around.
Yeah, average high of 60-65, yeah you have my sympathy. That's what it's like here in April or October, or this week for that matter. It was a gorgeous week. :D

It was in the 40's here overnight earlier this week

Weather-wise I could play 12 months but harvest keeps me working 80+ hours a week from early August - late October, then its ~72 hours a week through hulling season. So I start up again in December. This year though looks like I might not get much of a chance to play until January we "upgraded" our plant and it put us behind a month.

The club is technically only closed in January, but we're also big skiers in this family. Taking a break from golf makes it special when we get back to it. Once we finish up the February ski trip, I start getting antsy again.

Time it correctly and you can do both. We used to rent a condo in Keystone, ski Arapaho in the morning and play golf in the afternoon.

With all the rain we get here (Portland, Oregon) fall golf is strickly on dry days. It really helps when there are consecutive dry days, otherwise the ball doesn't roll at all, just sticks in the mud. In the winter, pretty much on any sunny day you try to get out, but its like you and everyone else in Portland. Also, here in a month or so, we roll back the clocks so it will get dark around 5:30pm.

The bottomline is i've got about 4 weeks left of "good" golfing.

Yeah, average high of 60-65, yeah you have my sympathy. That's what it's like here in April or October, or this week for that matter. It was a gorgeous week. :D

It was in the 40's here overnight earlier this week

I grew up in Sweden so I totally understand, where I lived the season was about 6 months.

I grew up in Sweden so I totally understand, where I lived the season was about 6 months.
Kinda interesting. My wifes company is Swedish and we went to Stockholm and Oslo this year. It seemed that golf was the only thing that was cheap out there when we played Arlandastad and Losby. I like how they require you have a card and have to test out to play. Not sure I could ever get used to the price though with $15 for a liter of beer or $20 for a mixed drink, regardless of healthcare, tuition and such. Kinda freaked me out too when we went out during HS graduations and they had Flatbeads full of HS kids throwing beer everywhere. Had it been in the states it would have been a busy day in the police station :D

Cheers!!!

Living in central Mississippi I golf year round. It dips into the 30's a few times each winter but it seldom last more than a couple of days at a time. I can put on some Under Armour Cold gear thermals, long sleeve polo and dig out my FootJoy cold weather gloves and golf most any winter day. In fact I made my 1st Eagle New Years Eve day last winter.

And before all you northerners get to upset, we pay for it in the summer when its over 100º's with 95% humidity, :beach3:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520