• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you think Greg Norman can win the Master's?

bwiley1

Reaction score
Do you think Greg Norman can win the Master's in 2009

No. Course has been lengthened too much and he's about as long as Corey Pavin these days.

No! Not that I don't like the guy, but I don't think he can hang at Augusta with the longer hitters.

NO!!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!!!

Even if he could hang he'd do the same thing he always did.......CHOKE! I'd like to see him do good, but just like a newborn you gotta open your eyes sooner or later and when he does it's over.

No he can't

Interesting first post BW.

Can he? of course.
Will he? Probably not.

Sling is exactly correct.

Theoretically, he could hole out every approach shot, and finish the first round about 14 under.

No, he won't win.

I think it all depends how much time he devotes to business and how much time he devotes to golf, if he maintains a decent playing lead up to the Masters then why not? but the week he had at Birkdale was a week of fantasy brought to a shuddering halt by another final round letdown and a great charge by Paddy

Of course he can.

That being said, the odds are heavily stacked against him as this is not the Augusta National Greg used to play so well on. The so called "Tiger Proofing" has taken out a lot of the skill factor and has created a course that requires someone on a hot streak of pars to win. The days on the Nicklaus back 9 charge are over. Sadly it has come down to who has the least amount of bogies on the final 9 rather than who played agressively and scored to most birdies on the back 9 which is why Tiger is almost always in contention but has been beaten by a steadier hand the last two years.

If Norman is the one who gets hot on Sunday and avoids bogies he has a chance, but I would not bet a nickel that he will be that guy this year.

I think the more reasonable question is does Norman make the cut at the Masters this year.

Has he even been invited to play in this years Masters? Did he get the invite after last year's British?

As for can he win? No. He couldn't win the Masters in his prime with a 6 shot lead, why woudl he be able to win now?

Norman's last Masters was a T36 in 2002. It's not _that_ long ago that he played well there though, with 3 top 3s from 95-99. For most people 3 top 3s at Augusta is a career.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520