• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Does weight lifting effetc your swing.

The master

Reaction score
Does weight lifting effet ones golf swing

I have started to do weight lifting the past 2 weeks I have some weights in my room and work out 1-2 hours a day. The only thing im worried about is putting on to much muscle, like David Duval is it true weoght lifting can effet the swing and if true how, and how much weight lifting would you recommend. Thanks in advance as I know you guys will give me 100% positive feedback.

from what i've heard bulking up will mess up your swing, try to do light weights in many reps which keeps them toned and strengthens them without bulking up, i use 8-15 lb dumbells two or three times a week and it works well, another good thing to consider is working on your legs, that helps balance and weight transfer

I have a set of dumbells 6-16 lbs im using them they are good to build up you wrist and fore arm strength which is mainly what im looking to do, im not really lifting heavy weights maybe 1-2 times a week but I think I will stop if it can effect your swing, I will stick to dumbells.

Yes the powerball. The motion is very akin to m... euh... :D

The master, I have lots of information on having extremely strong hands for a natural grip on the golf club.

I have been trained in weight lifting by men who have set world records...

I will not waste my time with you here if you are not willing to completely accept what I say as gospel...

You have many here who can challenge what I may say, but, in no way, will I ever lie to you about this...

This is my love... strength, that is...

I will give you one tidbit for starters... Never go above 6 repetions per exercise, never. You want strength not growth. You can be very skinny, but 5 times stronger than the biggest guy in your school...

Always go heavy, and never go over 6 reps, for strength...

(That Dorkman is a jackass, isn't he? :p )

I should just send you a book, or you should buy a book I recommend or maybe I will send you a link to web site that will tell you how it is...

Kids never listen though...

I am only posting to see if you really want answers. I don't allow disrespect from young ones towards me, and in 20 years, when someone treats you with disrespect that isn't even born yet, you will understand...

Thanks I honestly appreciate your answer omne I have been doing them for a while should I move up more than 6 reps that just seems very little but I suppose you know if you could send me that book it would be great.

Has "dork the mad deleter" sent you many warnings im on the virge of being banned.

Thanks again and btw do you have msn messenger pm your email.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520