• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver Ho's - a little help.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Reaction score
Go Geek if you want to lower you ball flight off the driver. Geek DCT is the lowest launching driver head I have ever hit. It solved my high driver ball flight/zero rollout problem immediately.

In my experience, TaylorMade's usually go pretty high.

I have the same set-up, only with a tipped stiff flex. I would not consider this a "low spin" set-up, as the Superquad launches high to degree, and a reg flex blueboard won't help. Its an easy to hit combo, though.

Of course, the nice part is you can set some weight forward and for a draw. At the current price, you really couldn't go wrong.

What do I think? I think it's a fake and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft. pole.

If it were real? Maybe but I'd recommend a Burner first though. Hit the Burner, a ton of aging players are finding lost distance by double digit yardage with it. Go get a demo and keep it for the weekend.

Tim: Does a Geek have heel weighting to help my slice, that's important & why The Launcher never made it for me.

Ez: Thanks for the heads up, I can spot a fake Scotty, but drivers are a mystery. I'd already passed on it though.

Tim: Does a Geek have heel weighting to help my slice, that's important & why The Launcher never made it for me.

Not that I am aware of, but I bet Lyle could fix you up with one and customize the weight profile to your needs. Have you tried a closed face driver? That might help with both your slice and ball height.

Just pulled the trigger on a 10.5 R7 425 w/ R flex graf blue. Between the 10.5 loft, the mid/high kick shaft & the weights I ought to be able to make it work out.

If not, my Hogan will keep me in the fairway, short but I can usually hit it again.

Let us know how you like it wire, :)

Can't answer.

1) have the loft checked
2) have your swing speed checked on a monitor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters