• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dueling eagles

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I played Wednesday in my regular Men's Nite. The 13th is a par 4, albeit only 294 yards, but the green is perched high and protected by bunkers short left and right, a huge hill left and anything long is dead-dead-dead.

My partner that night is a regular I play with, he's a 16 cap. I just built him up a new Cobra S3 mated to a Matrix F6M2. He's just nutting that thing.

I tee off first, hitting a nice high draw that lands on the center of the green (downwind), leaving me about 55 feet for a deuce coming back downhill. He then tries to hammer the snot out of his drive (for whatever reason), pulls it into the aforementioned hill, plays plinko with the cart path and slithers it through the heavy grass onto the apron and onto the green to 6 feet.

WTF!!!

Why doesn't that sorta stuff ever happen to me?

Anyways, I'm still shaking my head as I'm lining up my putt. Take the stroke - BAM - drain the slut right in his face, dead center cup. o_O (I actually eagled this hole last Wednesday too, but it was a different pin and only about 18 feet.)

Looking back, I'm not sure if I've ever seen two members in the same foursome make eagle on the same hole. I've DEFINITELY never seen it on a par 4.

Anyways, sometimes you get lucky. And sometimes (like my partner), you have an entire slew of horses and chuck wagon shoved up your ass. :D

R35

Great story!! You get an eagle and still loose the hole to the cap.

Great story, Rock!!! You read about duel aces or eagles, but it always happens to other guys. Great that it happened to your group and you were one of those carding a 2 on a par 4.
Too bad you guys were playing from the ladies tees. Next time back up, at least, to the white tees so the course has a chance!!o_O

• Staff
Great story!! You get an eagle and still loose the hole to the cap.

Ya, tell me about it. He posted an 80, best round of his life on that course by far.

R35

• Staff
Great story, Rock!!! You read about duel aces or eagles, but it always happens to other guys. Great that it happened to your group and you were one of those carding a 2 on a par 4.
Too bad you guys were playing from the ladies tees. Next time back up, at least, to the white tees so the course has a chance!!o_O

I'm not allowed to play the ladies tees since "the incident". :oops:;)

R35

Sucks for you, rock, to lose a hole with an eagle. Ouch...

294 uphill? Wow.

I think you have the yardage wrong.

Hey Rock...

What course, hole, city? (If you don't mind)

• Staff
294 uphill? Wow.

I think you have the yardage wrong.

See attached pic. 294 yards from the Blue tees to the pin placement on the green that day (give or take 1 or 2 yards). Tips are black tees, tee box shown in pic below left of the cart loop).;)

The green is about 15 feet above the tee box. It's about 30 feet above the black tees.

The ladies tees are way up if you wanna give it a go.

R35
DV_13_BackT.jpg

Hey Rock...

What course, hole, city? (If you don't mind)

This was at Deer Valley Golf Course, just northwest of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Hole #13. Par 4, 294 yards from the Blue teebox. I think Whites plays about 274-277, something like that.

R35

Wow is that a terrifying tee shot!

I thought of you and this thread today on a par 5. 520 on the card, I have 230 in after a gigantic drive. Laser the stick to 230, green it about 20 feet up. I figure I can't get it there due to the elevation. Could really only see the top of the flag.

Really nuke the 3w. Best I've ever hit it I think. Even took a little divot. Ball hits the slope in front of the green, bounces on, and... Rolls off of the back :mad:

Chipped back on to 6 feet and canned the birdie putt.

It was the thought of Eagle that had me thinking of you. "Dueling Eagles." if I actually LOST A HOLE with an eagle I don't know what I'd do.

Sandbagging sounds good :)

I'm not short by any means, I'm consistently among the longer players I play with actually... no way I fly the ball 290 yards. You guys are huge

I'm not short by any means, I'm consistently among the longer players I play with actually... no way I fly the ball 290 yards. You guys are huge

I'm the 3rd longest of the 4 guys in our group. It's sad, really. One guy only carries driver, 3W, 6-PW and two wedges. He never has a need for anything above a 5 iron.

I hit the ball pretty far, but nowhere near what many guys at the club are capable of.

R35

There's no way I FLY it 290 either! When I don't get my weight forward and launch the ball high (like an @$$hole) I can hit it 245-260 with no roll whatsoever. When I stay centered and really release the club with my turn... well... Trajectory is quite a bit lower compared to the sky ball, and it really seems to fly forever.

Who wants to talk about their ordinary drives?! :D

If I'm not mistaken, Tiger flys the ball 290.

I can't fly it that far with a gale force wind at my back. I have to hit a good drive to roll one out that far. I've recorded a handful of drives that were 330+ but I probably had 50-60 yards of roll. My avg drives this year have been around 280 and I rarely play with anyone that can out drive me.

You're a stud Rock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427