• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Eff Me - the perfect round of golf?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Scott

A 61 in Qatar in the final round to come from 5th to nick it by 3 shots! 12 fairways and all 18 greens with 25 putts. That's right, no scrambles. Is this the perfect round of golf, in context?

Do I like Adam Scott? Not particularly but does it matter? He whacked it 295 yards in the final round and hit 5 birds starting out from the blocks. This has to go down as one of the best EVER rounds of golf.

Please debate...

Ummm, I don't think I can argue. This is what he could do if he could putt.

54 Is the perfect round of golf. Still, a heck of a feat. I have never hit 18/18 Gir but Im sure if i did, I'd manage to have 40 putts :)

He missed one short putt on the back nine that I would of expected him to of made, apart from that it was exquisite.

He missed one short putt on the back nine that I would of expected him to of made, apart from that it was exquisite.

I only got a chance to see him play two complete holes and this missed put was one of them. Sorry, IG, can't call it a perfect round because this putt was a gimmie; a perfect round can't have a missed gimmie in it. Besides that, he missed a couple of fairways!

I liken it to Baseball and the difference between a no-hitter and a perfect game. To throw a no-hitter the pitcher has to be at the top of his game, hitting all his spots, however, he doesn't have to be perfect; a walk here or there or even a fielder's error doesn't matter just as long as no one gets a hit. A perfect game on the other hand is just that, perfect. The pitcher has to be flawless, and so does the team behind him, in order to face the minimum of 27 batters and retire them all successfully.

Scott was on his game yesterday and it was a phenomenal no hitter but he didn't quite do enough for it to be labeled perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520