• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

et tu A-Rod

At least he admit it now.

His Couric interview will haunt him but the stories of "did he, didn't he" won't be discussed anymore and THOSE are the longest lasting ones.

This will forever haunt him no doubt but doing this now will save SOME sort of respect for him

I have some respect for him for at least fessing up & admitting he took them. Clemens, Bonds, etc could learn a lesson from A-Rod.

I never thought A-Rod would confess, I figured that his ego was larger than either Bonds or Clemens. Of course, A-Rod is probably the most self concious athelete when it comes to image so he probably sat down and calculated what would be better for his image and decided that "coming clean" about his past deeds was better than going down the road of Bonds and Clemens.

Granted, A-Rod still has not answered all the questions and is hiding behind a youthful ignorance excuse as to why he did what he did, but in many ways I can not blame him for being very guarded about what he reveals. To this point he has only admitted to using "banned" substances and nothing illegal (which is why he mentioned GNC several times). If he were to come out and say what exactly he took, who he got it from, and who advised him/treated him he could be opening up a legal can of worms. Rather than rat out fellow players, trainers, and/or advisors he chose to keep the blame on himself. While he was not very forthcoming on the details, I can respect his decision not to throw anyone else under the bus like his old pal Rafael Palmiero did after he got busted.

Speaking of Palmiero, when you start to look at some of the players passing through Texas before or during A-Rod's tenure there you start to see a lot of the names that are coming up in the Steroid discussions. Palmiero, Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriquez, and the grand master of steroids himself Jose Canseco.

I think it is time for MLB and the Players Union to come clean and produce the list of the 104 players that tested positive for banned substances in 2003. Until we have some sort defined list of who the dirty players were in 2003, none of the clean players will ever be able to shake public perception that they could have been on that list. Lets face it, the players knew they were going to be tested in 2003 to determine if further testing was required. If they continued to stay dirty and get caught with a positive test, they were too stupid to be protected with anonymity. Lets get the whole list out and end the speculation. We will never know who did what prior to 2003, but at least we will have some foundation to build off of as to who has been dirty since 2003. The players who did it the right way through hard work and dedication deserve to be seperated out from those who did it through chemical enhancement.

Not sure what all the fuss is about, drugs have been in MLB since the 1980s. The Oakland A's won two World Series with two players (Canseco & McGwire) who displayed all the signs of steroid users. Sammy Sosa wasn't a user? The sin is not in using but in being caught...as A-Rod alluded to in his recent interview. The stupid part is that great players don't need the drug but once they start there is a dependency on it which is mostly psychological.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520