• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favorable shoe brand?

I love the look of Kikkor as a shoe, but I think they may be too casual for the course. Some of them don't have replaceable spikes either, so watch out for that. I guess if you wear them down you'd at least have some cool street shoes.
As for me, I'll be buying new shoes this season for the first time in about 10 years. My FootJoys have held up phenomenally and I'm definitely going to stick with them. :cool:

Yea that's what's kept me from purchasing any of theirs. I love them but maybe as a street shoe, not for the course. I was in a big 5 the other day and saw a really slick pair of Nike ones I'm debating now.

I've been reading that Nikes wear out quickly. I've never owned a pair, so I don't know personally.

I've been reading that Nikes wear out quickly. I've never owned a pair, so I don't know personally.

I hope not :/ but then again I'm not sold on any specific shoe or brand. Its all about what fits my fancy. Never understood those fellas that are one brand for everything only and won't even consider anything else. To each his own though

Most comphy, right out of the box for me were the FJ Contours, but as you can see, I'm no shoe brand snob. I wear Adidas the most out of them all.

ai169.photobucket.com_albums_u230_LBlack14_IMG_3982Medium.jpg

Im still running around in my adidas which are either 4 or 5 years old now

Great quality and fit.

I've been open to other brands this time around, but unfortunately I am one of those guys that gets hooked on certain brands. So when I started reading reviews, I noticed a lot more good ones for my brand and that probably skewed my judgment a bit.
I really did look into Nike, Kikkor and Adidas quite a bit. I am going to try on as many different shoes as possible, but I have a feeling I'll wind up with the FJs.

Most comphy, right out of the box for me were the FJ Contours, but as you can see, I'm no shoe brand snob. I wear Adidas the most out of them all.
The Contours are what I think I'll be getting.

Nike TW13's. You can start and end your search there. Most comfortable and best traction. They are an absolute treat to wear. It feels like my feet are getting a massage and are fresh after 18 or 36. They make walking on the course fun. Waterproof and flexible.

They are awesome shoes. I've always been traditional. My previous favorite pair are my FootJoy Icons, which are great shoes. But they can't match the playability and feel of the TW13's. I'm looking to find another pair of TW13's just so I can rotate them to make them last longer. And once the TW14's come out, I'll snatch up every pair of TW13's I can find in my size on clearance. If there are any.

They are an awesome shoe. Surprisingly so.

If anybody finds a place I danger 16EE's let me know. Footjoys aren't cutting it anymore. Tried a pair of Cally's, not even close to fitting!

Not in my experience, I have had a pair of Lunar Control shoes for over a year and I wear them at least four days a week.

Not in my experience, I have had a pair of Lunar Control shoes for over a year and I wear them at least four days a week.
Same experience here. The suggestion is ... *ahem* ... a load of ...
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_bsflag.gif

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422