• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre Calls it quits...

He'll be back. Mark my words.

Based on this information, I am going to say that the Vikings take the NFC North this year. Back to mediocrity for the Pack.

Based on this information, I am going to say that the Vikings take the NFC North this year. Back to mediocrity for the Pack.
I'm not arguing sports with you anymore, "Mr. Squirrel"...

Nope. Even with Favre gone the Packers will take the North. Who else is there? Certainly not the Vikings. :D

And I see where all the "experts" rate him. Bullshit. He is number one and holds all the records. If I needed a touchdown with 2 minutes or less to play, I would pick him over every QB that ever played the game. I'd like to see all the defensive greats who played against these guys rate them. They'd all pick Favre.

And Peyton will eventually break all the records.

Brady? After the other teams saw how affective a good pass rush was on him in the super bowl he's going to be running for his life this season. Moss can be wide open downfield and he'll be on his butt. He's done well because he has all day to throw. We'll see how good he really is THIS year.

:p

If I needed a touchdown with 2 minutes or less to play, I would pick him over every QB that ever played the game.

You did, a few weeks ago - and he threw it straight into the hands of Corey Webster!!!

:beach3:

ualtim posted: Based on this information, I am going to say that the Vikings take the NFC North this year. Back to mediocrity for the Pack.
The VIKINGS??? I can't even think of their quarterbacks name.........he's a real star. Receivers are who......oh yeah, Behrien (spelling)??????? All they have is a left tackle and Adrian Peterson. Oh, their Defense is so wonderful...........that's right. They'll be lucky to break even .500. Detroit will always suck. And the Bears have absolutely no one anymore. Aaron Rogers played well against Dallas and will be fine. Packers will win the Central, but not the NFC.

so who gets #4 now:ugly25:

what is the date for the jersey retirement.

the reason most "experts" dont have him as #1 is the fact that he only has 1 RING.Stink (Mark Schlereth)said if he had more then 1 ring he is no doubt #1.

Yup, the Vikings. Bookmark the post and come back to it next January. :D

The Packers played for Favre this past year the same way the Saints played for New Orleans the year before. Kind of a "lets do it for the old man" thing, they will not be able to sustain it next year without him.

Then again maybe they will pull a NY Giants deal, their star player Tiki Barber retires & the next season they prove they didn't need his ass.

The VIKINGS??? I can't even think of their quarterbacks name.........he's a real star. Receivers are who......oh yeah, Behrien (spelling)??????? All they have is a left tackle and Adrian Peterson. Oh, their Defense is so wonderful...........that's right. They'll be lucky to break even .500. Detroit will always suck. And the Bears have absolutely no one anymore. Aaron Rogers played well against Dallas and will be fine. Packers will win the Central, but not the NFC.

The vikings QB is Tavaris Jackson whose rating was decent at best. There has been talk of not starting him in the 08-09 season but have also just signed free agent Maurice Hicks formerly of the bears and 49ers. There have there eye on Byron Leftwitch now. I will credit you, detroit will always suck, but the packers will undoubtedly suffer this next season.

jmac07

Their defense is awesome, well...their run defense at least.

In my opinion:
90% Chance Favre 'Unretires' and Packers make playoffs but lose 1st round
10% Chance Favre 'Stays Retired' and Vikings make playoffs lose 1st round

100% Chance Packers don't have anything on Philly :laugh:

Let's take every top quarterback "but in their PRIME" and I'll pick Favre. Why do you think he retired? He was freezing his buns off when he threw that pic. He's an old man now. He can't play in the cold anymore and if you play in GB it's going to get cold. Favre "in his prime" was the best ever and that includes Peyton and Brady. Favre carried the Packers. They had nothing else. Brady has so much time to throw any good QB could find a receiver. :)

You guys and the press are sitting back judging the old Favre, not the ONLY 3-time (in a row) MVP. ONLY 3-time MVP. :)

Who are some of GB's back ups? Does anyone know any of their prospects?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520