• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fell Off the Wagon, again......

Don't get me started on this. I've sold more drivers at the local shop than some of the kids working there. And, many of the guys I've seen on the course and they've told me they're rocking the new big dog!

We're just living vicariously through other potential club ho's. :D

R35

I don't see anything wrong with living vicariously through another potential club hoe. And the way I see it, we both probably provided better information and truthful facts to those we've encountered in local golf stores. Some of the kids in most golf stores I've been to at least are just there putting in their time, the lack of enthusiasm with these kids really gets me. Plus I don't mind helping out every once in a while. That second hand high is a thing of beauty!!

I don't see anything wrong with living vicariously through another potential club hoe. And the way I see it, we both probably provided better information and truthful facts to those we've encountered in local golf stores. Some of the kids in most golf stores I've been to at least are just there putting in their time, the lack of enthusiasm with these kids really gets me. Plus I don't mind helping out every once in a while. That second hand high is a thing of beauty!!

Every once in a while you run into a good one. I had a good contact at a local discount golf store for several months that was selling a lot of closeout stuff and had the largest Tour Edge collection I had seen in person. I got several deals done through him and he was a good resource of information. He disappeared over a year ago from the shop and I miss our little chats on equipment. The rest of the guys in there just are not up to his level.

Every once in a while you run into a good one. I had a good contact at a local discount golf store for several months that was selling a lot of closeout stuff and had the largest Tour Edge collection I had seen in person. I got several deals done through him and he was a good resource of information. He disappeared over a year ago from the shop and I miss our little chats on equipment. The rest of the guys in there just are not up to his level.

I agree with you, every once in a while you get lucky. Finding someone with a passion for the game, knowledge of equipment, and just an all-round good person. I have had a couple similar experiences and like you ualtim, have noticed they disappear after some time. I know why that happens too, good employees always find better work and better opportunities. It's not their fault at all, but the good folks never seem to last long. Unfortunately for us that is anyway!!

One club arrived at the UPS sort facility in Jacksonville today. That has a chance of making it hear tomorrow instead of the 10th. :laugh:

The other is still making its way to Jacksonville before boarding its truck to the sort facility off of Taft Vineland in Orlando.

Both clubs only have two more trucks to go before I get my grubby paws on them. :D

Both clubs only have two more trucks to go before I get my grubby paws on them. :D

For some strange reason, I can't help but be getting excited for you! :eek: Have you let slip what the new clubs are yet?? or is that still hush hush??

No one has even come close on the guesses. I will have to post some teaser pics when they arrive. :D

Both clubs on the truck out for delivery, a day early. :D

Should be arriving in the next 90 minutes.

Stealth Ho completed.

During UPS prime time, I went outside to prune the palm trees as tomorrow is the bio pick up day (grass, branches, leaves etc) for the wast collection company. Cleaned my clubs in the garage, pruned a few palm fronds off the palm tress, and the UPS showed up on the second palm frond. :laugh:

Door bell not rung. :D

Wife had her books delivered for her next semester in grad school, so I had a reason to meet the UPS man if she heard the truck. :D

Long brown boxes brought in under the radar. :D

Teaser pics hopefully tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.

Hint: Check my signature for omissions.

Just tell us you dirty ho!

Just tell us you dirty ho!

With just a little bit of work you should be able to figure out at least one of the clubs.

If you absolutely have to know, I will give you another hint.

"Rock would not play either club even if they fit his specs."

Has to be a couple TM's then.
Not sure which ones.

Has to be a couple TM's then.
Not sure which ones.

Nope, the TM has left the bag. Rock has several OEM's he won't touch. :laugh:

Would Lyle bag it?

I believe he has in the past, but won't commit to that. Lyle does not have the OEM in his bag right now, though.

What else does Rock hate besides TM and Titleist?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520