• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally! Birdied the home course!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Reaction score
I have played a lot of rounds at my home course. Hundreds. I've birdie all the holes multiple times, except for one. Number 17 is a mid length par 4, usually playing 380-400 yards. It is divided by a creek which runs left to right and going away from the tee box. You can drive it if you can stay left, or lay up right and have a long iron into a well guarded green, with the Sahara desert in front. I have never birdied this hole. Par is a great score for me, and bogey isn't even that bad.

Tonight, it played around 380. I hit 5 hybrid, a little thin but it ran out. I had 168 the center, and 180 to the back acording to Skycaddie. Pin was stuffed way back, so I hit a smooth 5 iron. It never left the pin, landing about 10 feet short. After the bounce and check, I had a 2 footer, which I made.

4 birdies tonight and a 77. Finally broke 80 again, and stopped the handicap hemorrage.

Well done. Get a few more rounds like that and I'll come down and play for $$.
icon12.gif
I birdied a tough (for me) hole yesterday for the 1st time as well. 9th hole at my course is slight dogleg left running along the road. Big ass trees immediately left prevent any cut shots for me so I must hit a draw, which for me means only a 1yd. cut, lol. I kind of just blocked one out there to 150 right rough. Hit a knockdown cut 6i to 2 1/2 feet. Only shot all day that turned out as planned.

Congrats Clugnut---nice play.

Well done. Get a few more rounds like that and I'll come down and play for $$.
icon12.gif

Looks like our caps have equalized. You've really dropped this year. Mine has gone up 2.1. I need to sandbag it a little more, so I can take your cheese.:D

Way to go, Clugnut. Now keep that mental image when you play this hole next time.

Good job! Now don't double that hole next time out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301