• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally revenge against the golfing Gods.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been trying like hell to shoot a par rd at my local course, closest I have been is a fair number of 39's. Played today & once again the clibhouse was closed, but there were 3 others who showed up at the same time & we decided to play anyways.

I have really dialed in my driver lately & it was on!! Even with a pretty heavy wind I wasn't going to be denied from hitting the fairways as well as reaching my goal. Hit 7 out of 7 fairways, had 5 GIR's & 15 putts....that last part could have been a little better as I missed a couple of easy 3-4 footers.

Managed to drive a 255 yd par 4 as well as the 247 yd par 4, also was on the green in 2 on the 460 yd par 5.

Score tally went like this
Par
Par
Bogey
Bogey
Birdie
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Birdie for a score of 36!!!

I once again screwed up both par 3's & had bogey's. Bothers me that our season is pretty much done, may still get in a few rds but it could start snowing any second. Reason it bothers me is I have worked all season towards this goal & finally attain it & I hope come spring time I won't have a huge learning curve to climb again. I will be hitting the range a bit as well as heading down to Alabama for a few rds on the RTJ trail.

Wow, great job man. That's got to be good feeling.

I hear you on the season winding down. I've absolutely enjoyed the last few weeks more than any part of this year. Triggs is in great shape, greens rolling pretty quick and playing long off the tips. I get on for $22.50 as a resident and it's a flat out steal. I just hope they keep the full teeboxes open a little longer. They'll eventually switch to temp tees in front of the real ones.

I've had these rounds where everything is going pretty good but one part of my game. I've blown a lot of oppurtunities, usually trying to do too much. Today I was bleeding strokes on the back and then hit a 4i off a bad lie OB from 200 on par5 15th, made double. On 16 teebox I regrouped and decided to par it in. Birdie on 16, par on 17 (which is a tough hole) and then after a big blocked drive on 18 I had a par putt but it just slid by a few inches outside.

I've talked about this before. Being able to put a little pressure on my game at the end of rounds and pulling it together. If I can do it for 3-4 holes, why can't I do it for all 18?

I've talked about this before. Being able to put a little pressure on my game at the end of rounds and pulling it together. If I can do it for 3-4 holes, why can't I do it for all 18?

That's pretty much what I did after the bogey on the par 3 6th hole. Told myself to just get it done, I have birdied all of the holes in the past, just not in a row, so I know I can do it. Just weird that today on 5 of the 6 holes where I used driver off the tee, I easily had my longest drives of the year on this course on every single one of them. Even the doglegged par 4 7th where I normally tee off with a 6 iron & then typically have 150-160 yds to get on, today my 2nd shot was just under 120.

Feels great when pretty much every aspect clicks....just wish it would happen more than once a year:(

Awesome!!

I've had some decent 39's for 9 about 2 months ago I guess it was.. Maybe not that long.

Can't string together a consistent combo though.

When/Where are you headed to in AL?

Might be interested in hitting up one of the RTJ courses sometime, since it's just a hop skip over.

The trail passes are selling cheeeeaaappp these days.

Huzzah!!!! Huzzah!!! Wi-Golfer. 2 birds Well done.

Does this accomplishment relate to just having played a round with a 7 iron, GW, and putter.

Nice nine, WiGolfer!!! Those are the rounds that make you come back. Those are the rounds that make puttin' up with the likes of ShotTalkers worth it.:biglol:
Personally, I had a crappy Saturday! Frost delay so course didn't open til 10 a.m. Group all left except for my son-in-law and I. So, the two of us were first off the tee when the course opened. (First off, after a frost delay is "interesting". You've got a gallery of 20 to 30 ticked off golfers, faunching at the bit to get out on the course.)

As we came off #9, we were tied with 41's. Off to a cold start, windy, we both were pleased. I played the back and carded another 41. On most days, I would be extremely pleased with an 82. That's a good, solid round for an old fart. Son-in-law, however, carded a 36 on the back!!! I shoot 82 and get beat by my smart aleck, mouthy, disrespectful, immature son-in-law. (His rubbing in beating my by 5 strokes most of the rest of the weekend might have something to do with the aforementioned adjectives!)

After you shoot 36, WiGolfer, if I ever do have the chance to make it to one of the Wisconsin Shot Talk outings, remind me not to play you for money!!!

Nice Job! I wouldn't get too comfy with being "1 up" on the golfing gods ;)

Nice 9 Wi . Next time when you play just go out there and say to your self" I dont care where my ball lands" And just take in all your surroundings and sites and sounds,while only thinking about the present, not the past or the future and roll the putts as you see them. I bet you go even lower than par. Dont go seeking revenge on the gods because they can have their way with you any time and anywhere . But only if you let them

Huzzah!!!! Huzzah!!! Wi-Golfer. 2 birds Well done.

Does this accomplishment relate to just having played a round with a 7 iron, GW, and putter.

I always play better after a rd or 2 of using nothing but irons. Vitense sucks but it's great for iron practice & it never fails that after I play there, the next few rds are usually pretty good.

Nice Job! I wouldn't get too comfy with being "1 up" on the golfing gods ;)

Oh I know that, the next rd could easily blow up into a 52.

That's some good golf, Wi. Which driver is dialed in?

You know you're tempting them...

That's some good golf, Wi. Which driver is dialed in?

It seems to change from week to week. When I played Wild Rock with Zaphod I was using the R7 425, but a few days later I couldn't do anything with it. So I switched back over to the Burner & for a couple weeks now I really haven't been able to hit a bad shot with it.

One of the issues which just took some experimenting was tee height, seems it was about 1/8-3/16's too high. May not sound like much but that's really all it took.

Had 1 shot yesterday with the wind blowing pretty hard from the right to the left. Knew that if I hit a straight shot down the middle the ball just might get caught by the wind & possibly tossed out of bounds on the left. So I aimed at the top to the tree line to the right & let er fly. I almost pissed myself when the shot went exactly as planned!! The ball sailed up along the tree line & just as it was clearing them, the wind caught it & pushed it left where it dropped dead center in the fairway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520