• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally, the set up I can't change... for a while!

figures those irons arent made left handed :mad:
how do you like the r9? i had one but i literally hit it a stones throw further than my 5 wood, needless to say i dont have it any more

The durability of that smoke finish is blowing me away - I really thought after a couple of rounds in this hard terrain they'd be silver on the bottom. They still look awesome, and you've had them for a while now. I wonder HTF they make it hold up that well.

No idea..

My 56* has some bunker wear on the bottom, but I'll be damned if it isn't still smoke colored..

Beats the hell out of most of the other finishes I've played with.

figures those irons arent made left handed :mad:
how do you like the r9? i had one but i literally hit it a stones throw further than my 5 wood, needless to say i dont have it any more

Shafts my friend.. Shafts.

R9 came with what I consider to be one of the worst "stock" shafts. Atleast for me.

I've hit everything from a lightweight GD Pershing, Diamana Whiteboard, Motore F1, Aldila DVS, and a Fubuki.

The Fubuki won out. I'm not a long hitter, but I've found more fairways than ever, and I'll average from 245-280 off the tee. I miss-hit alot, and it's not that forgiving, but when I nut one.. It's gone.

Shafts my friend.. Shafts.

R9 came with what I consider to be one of the worst "stock" shafts. Atleast for me.

I've hit everything from a lightweight GD Pershing, Diamana Whiteboard, Motore F1, Aldila DVS, and a Fubuki.

The Fubuki won out. I'm not a long hitter, but I've found more fairways than ever, and I'll average from 245-280 off the tee. I miss-hit alot, and it's not that forgiving, but when I nut one.. It's gone.

i hit it with a fubuki and i put a blueboard in it
same sort of issues just changed ballflight a bit
all in all my pro speed d is literally 25 yards longer for fun
mid summer i won a LD in a tourny with 336 on a course with little roll like most of them here in southern ontario
if i full out smacked my r9 i would get 280-290 at best, cobra would fly past it, i took the both out one time to compare but i had the feeling the r9 wasnt going where it should
now i have a 07 burner tp with a proto 60x and we will see what happens here
i think the r9 was more hyped up than it should have been, its almost the same as the r7 limited which i experienced the same thing on the range with
so far its looking like TM is not for me :ugly25:

To each his own of course!! Different sticks for different strokes.

To give in a little, and I haven't yet taken them out side by side.. But I have a Tour Burner TP, with the Whiteboard in it.. I crushed it sometimes, and it felt like the face was very hot.

My R9 doesn't feel like it has that "pop" and attribute that to the sound of the R9.

My brother absolutely crushes his drivers.. He's a good 285-300+ kinda guy. Big, big dude. He used my R9 when I just got it, with that suck-ass Motore F1, and was DESTROYING it. He fights a mean hook, and to be able to unleash on it, and crack it open, and weight in the toe was perfect for him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301