• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FT-3 at the range today

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the 9.5º FT-3 to the range today along with my Burner as all I wanted to compare was those 2 clubs. Holy crap folks I think I finally found a club which will toss the Burner outta the bag. Both have NVS shafts with the Burners being a R flex & the FT an S. With the Burner I tend to get a lot of really high shots that are surely affecting distance as well as a slight draw to my shots...both clubs are neutral btw. With the FT-3 every single shot was dead straight with a nice angle that never got what I would consider too high. Distance wise it was really tough to gauge due to the balls blending in with the snow as they dropped but it sure appeared as if the FT-3 had a definite advantage. And the sound was fine, a little louder than the Burner but not anything like the annoying Nike's.

Can't wait to use both on the course & see how this Cally performs in the real world but so far it appears to be a winner.

Lol, i find it funny how im rooting for the cally instead of the TM, especially since i carry TM irons and a 3w (but the irons are older, and the 3w is a hfs, so its understandable:D).

Yay FT-3!!!

From watching your swing this summer I definitely think the stiff flex NVS is also helping. The reg flex NVS is too loose, even for me.... :laugh: If the FT-3 beats out the Burner this summer, re-shaft the Burner with the stiff NVS and it might make it work better for you.... :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reshafting the Burner may be a #1 priority since I really love the head on it.

I'll be pulling for the Burner and i won't say it won't but the burner just seams to hang the ball up in the air. i hit my burner further then my FT-3 and it had a 46" shaft. which was probably the problem it being a NV65:( I'm not a fan

R35 thought the NVS was a great shaft. And he usually hates Aldila stuff. You get it in the right flex and it's one of the best shafts I've hit. :)

R35 thought the NVS was a great shaft. And he usually hates Aldila stuff. You get it in the right flex and it's one of the best shafts I've hit. :)

This isn't entirely true. I hate the NV, but I love the NVS and the VS Proto. Either of those shafts in the FT-3 is a great choice. They really work well with that head.

R35

I don't know how anyone could use the burner with an OEM S flex. I did a waggle test on it and the shaft almost folded in half.

Re-gripped the FT-3 as well as the Burner & Burner 3w at work today. I really like the feel of these, the oversized grips fit better in my hands. Kinda pricey though, something like $7 each at Nevada Bobs.
100_0250.jpg
100_0252.jpg

Those are nice. Yeah pricy is the word, I was going to get winn grips for all my clubs, 74 dollars :wow:

Those are nice. Yeah pricy is the word, I was going to get winn grips for all my clubs, 74 dollars :wow:

You can pick up cheaper Winn's for around $4 each. I don't like the real soft & squishy ones.

Oh wow thats as cheap as some Lamkin Perma Wrap Pluses like I got on my Ram's.

This isn't entirely true. I hate the NV, but I love the NVS and the VS Proto. Either of those shafts in the FT-3 is a great choice. They really work well with that head.

R35

But it's "partially" true? :D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back