• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Funny Golf Stories for the year (besides tiger woods)

PMay

Reaction score
Just wandering if anything funny happened to you guys while you hit the links in 2010?

Too many to list right off but this is the first that came to mind. Finishing hole (par 4) at my home course has water all the way down the left side and then also a forced carry over water to the green for your approach. Needless to say it can be quite a score wrecker.

Anyhow, my friend hits his tee shot in the water. He drops and is laying three. He hits this one in the water as well. In disgust, he drops again and then jars it for a bogey.

Young stud grounds club in bunker......realizes he did it but hopes nobody saw it and plays on. Gets sort of caught and maintains plausible deniability and blows major tournament.

Just wandering if anything funny happened to you guys while you hit the links in 2010?

Young stud grounds club in bunker......realizes he did it but hopes nobody saw it and plays on. Gets sort of caught and maintains plausible deniability and blows major tournament.
Might want to read what I bolded, fish.

Might want to read what I bolded, fish.

Saw that too.

On a personal note. Was playing in a two man scramble at Brookwater this year. On this tricky par 4, our approach had ended up in the trees bordering the right hand side of the fairway. We had a view of the green through the trees and could see that the green was guarded by water at the front. My partner declares that he is going for the green. With that in mind, I hit a safe lay up short of the bunkers.

My partner prepares for his shot. He was on a slight up hill lie. He winds back ... & lets go with all of his might. I immediately hear two noises in succession. Snick 1 as it richochets (right) off a tree trunk to the left. Snick 2 as it richochets (left) off a tree trunk to the right. Then silence. We were both looking straight to the green.

My playing partner says, "Gee, where'd that go?" No sooner had he uttered those words than on cue (as if it was scripted by a Hollywood director), there's a giant splash in the water hazard ahead of us short of the green. I almost split my sides laughing. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

As you were wandering aimlessly I was wondering if you had any funny stories to share?

There are a few that come to mind.....my first one is a buddy recently moved to Iowa and played in a two man best shot with me....

we were on the #3 tee box and we were chatting with the other two guys in our foursome when he said when he moved out here he found out people in Iowa either hunted or golfed.

He went on to say that since he didn't believe in killing animals he decided to join our golf club....

He then walked up to the tee box and hit a wicked shot right into a tree, hit a bird straight in the face...it plummeted to the ground.....and when we walked to it, we saw the impact was so hard, both eyeballs popped out.

It was killed instantly.

That is awesome. I knocked a squirrel out of a tree with a drive but fortunately, it hit the ground running.

That is awesome. I knocked a squirrel out of a tree with a drive but unfortunately, it hit the ground running.

Fixed to reflect the views of those of us that don't like those snack-stealing critters that manage to swipe your chips as your teeing off on #10.

Not from 2010, but I have had a crow swoop down and then fly off with my unopened honey bunn while I was playing a shot. The thieving bastage!!

A co worker of mine had been bragging for at least 3 months about how great of a golfer he was. Said he shot near par most of the time. Finally I decided to take him out to the course and test him. We get up to the first tee and hes thinking hes going to knock the crap out of the ball. He takes his practice swings as hard as he can. Then he steps up to the ball and swings like barry bonds on juice. Hes looking up to see where the ball went and my friend is rolling around on the ground laughing hiss ass off. We looked down and the ball was stuck straight into the ground. Needless to say my coworker did not shot par.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520