• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Game just crashed through the floor...

Mud ball

Reaction score
Hi

I ran my last golf event as captain of my club today - I took about 20 people away for a 'Captains Away-Day' at Verulam, Hertfordshire, England. We played a Ryder Cup style match between the Captain's Team and Pro's Team.
For those who aren't familiar Verulam is the 'home of the Ryder Cup' and where Samuel Ryder was a member. Nice little course - not too hard and very nicely kept.
Unfortunately my team lost! I even lost to our Pro (doh!)... I'm currently taking lessons from him and trying to rebuild the swing. Got my next lesson tomorrow in fact.

Anyway since the first lesson last week - I'm feeling really uncomfortable in the changes to the swing and address. Today was a bad day - I felt the old game plummet through the floor. I had a couple of tap in birdies which helped lift the spirits a bit - but it's hard going through swing changes when you want to play and compete isn't it.

My pro has got me addressing the ball with hands much lower and trying to keep my right elbow pinned to my side on the backswing. I feel as if I'm going to hit the ground about 2-feet before the ball!!!!

Anyway got to persevere... please feel free to offer any good any tips on how to handle a swing change when you want to play well at the weekends etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301