• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Geezer Golf in the Mid Atlantic

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
THIS EMAIL FROM AN ACQUAINTANCE LANDED in my inbox during Thanksgiving week:
Neil,
I've done it. At age 70-1/2, I have taken up the game, and am now officially hooked. It appears to agree with my genetic athletic makeup.
After only 60 days, I can reasonably expect a par or two and 3-4 bogeys in nine holes .... The rest is ugly, but I continue to progress.
I'd love to buy you coffee sometime and yak about golf for geezers. Plus, I'd like your take on good places for people like me to play vacation golf and actually enjoy it.​
If you were me, what would you tell this new geezer golfer? Where would you send him in the Mid Atlantic (Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina region of United States) or beyond for an enjoyable golf vacation?

Feel free to leave a comment below or drop me a line at [email protected].

Source: Geezer Golf in the Mid Atlantic

I've done it. At age 70-1/2, I have taken up the game, and am now officially hooked. It appears to agree with my genetic athletic makeup.
I don't care what your "genetice makeup" is... 'athletic', redneck, nerd, t**d, or otherwise... this game is gonna kick your behind!
After only 60 days, I can reasonably expect a par or two and 3-4 bogeys in nine holes .... The rest is ugly, but I continue to progress.
Just taking up the game at 70 years old and only playing for 60 days, you lie like a rug. Or, you have dementia so bad you simply cannot remember half or two thirds of your strokes. Sorry. Didn't say he was playing on a real golf course. He may have just taken up putt putt and, therefore, might expect to score like that.
I'd love to buy you coffee sometime and yak about golf for geezers. Plus, I'd like your take on good places for people like me to play vacation golf and actually enjoy it.
Good place for "people like you to play"??? Certainly not in the group in front of me!!!

I applaud anyone for taking up golf and not just sitting around waiting to die. However, something just doesn't ring right about his accomplishments after 60 days with a club in his hand. Go to a local muni where there are a group or two of similarly aged "old geezers". Ask to play 9 holes with them. Pretty soon you'll find a group that plays at your speed, you enjoy their company and they enjoy yours. Vacation golf?? Most all resort courses don't care about pace of play. Flip a coin.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520