• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gloves

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Who needs them? After serious practice down in the old golf lab in my basement for the entire winter, all without glovage of any kind, I have found that I no longer wear them on the course. Just kinda went out the first few warmer days (40*F and up) this year and never put one on. No blisters (plenty o' calluses, tho) dry my hands with a towel if/when needed, and just have at it.

I don't miss them.

Anyone else?

It's funny too, I've noticed that the couple of rangers we have on my home course who can shoot a little bit have begun to linger on the holes my foresome is on to engage in a bit of snappy repartee during the round. Is it coincidence, or is the absence of supplemental skin some kind of a sign, maybe like a secret handshake? :rolleyes:

I'm sure it hasn't hurt that I've worked the ducks out of my driver (for the present, anyway).

i used to play without a glvoe, but then i tried it and now i cant play without a glove!

expensive habit !

Welcome to to the No Glove club Farquod. It's been 3 years I haven't been using any gloves, except when it's winter cold.
Skin is as thick as hide, but grip and clubhead feel are just impeccable.
True golfer's hand :)

With the summer heat here and my ability to sweat a gallon of water an hour, I'll be wearing a glove. :)

Ahh, thanks Loop. It IS a club, then. There's no stupid song to learn is there? ;)

Shook hands yesterday with a guy I haven't see in awhile and his hands were sooo soft. Ew!

I'm kinda likin' it. My hands feel like they used to when I was a kid working in the lumber yard...

DaveE said:
...and my ability to sweat a gallon of water an hour, I'll be wearing a glove. :)

I'ma see if it affects me Dave. I had a tendency to sweat through about 3 gloves a round last summer. My hands actually feel drier without a glove. I'll let you know as it heats up.

Nice round last week, btw. It seems you've worked through that bad swing period.

I have the same problem as Dave. I get really warm and my hands get sweaty. Plus I use nice gloves (Nike EliteFeel) so they have a very nice feel to them.

Farquod said:
I'ma see if it affects me Dave. I had a tendency to sweat through about 3 gloves a round last summer. My hands actually feel drier without a glove. I'll let you know as it heats up.

Nice round last week, btw. It seems you've worked through that bad swing period.

For the most part. I went to the range early Sat. before our round. I took the Tour Tempo disc with me and this is really starting to help me.

I also came up with a funky swing thought that worked well for me. I have a habit of letting my hands get ahead of the body creating nasty hooks. While at the range I invented an invisible magic rod that connects my left wrist to my right shoulder. As long as the rod is in place everything stays connected. I know it's a short trip from here to full insanity but it worked pretty well. :p

No hooks and only two blowup holes, one a double and the other an eight. That eight really hurt but I followed it with a bird so at least I didn't let it ruin my day.

DaveE said:
I also came up with a funky swing thought that worked well for me.

The funky ones always do. We be calling you "D-rod" from now on! :cool:

i never wear gloves unless it's absolutely pouring and my hands get so wet that my calluses start to open up, usually after 18 on a rainy day or 9 in a downpour, then i'll throw on the one glove i have in my bag to get a little extra grip

I use a glove because of cord grips. They tend to bother me more. As for sweat problems and gloves the footjoy sciflex did a great job last year lasted anolg time but i did rotate 3 gloves on real hot days. They did stay soft after they dried.

Actually, I'm playing the Lamkin 1/4 cords now, and the crossline classic cord is like my all-time fave. I do agree that the 1/4 cords are easier on the hands, and may be why I have no glovenation (inclination 4 gloves, wth).We'll see what the rest of the year has in store. I'm liking the 1/4 cords a bunch right now.

Lamkins cord are nice.
For the driver, I use the Lamkin softwrap XT, really comfortable and nice grip for us real tough men :)

Wraps, eh? Do you do your own, or have them done?

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54