• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goals for 2009

Goals for 2009.
1. Play more.
2. Practice smarter.
3. Play smarter.
4. Break 90.
5. Establish a USGA hadicap.

Seems easy enough. If I do the first 3, number 4 should happen easily.

Increase my level of concentration/focus.

I'm fine if I'm out with family + close friends but when golfing with others I tend to lose focus especially on the "feel" shots.

My best golf is played alone. When out with others such as Shottalk outing I tend to lose focus and "feel". My score is easily 0.5 strokes per hole higher. I really enjoy the conversation and interaction but i need to be able to turn on my "GAME FACE" when it comes time to perform. Large muscle shots are no problem but those feel shots tend to suffer. It comes down to visualization and relaxation when executing these shots. Staying in the moment.

I'm fine if I'm out with family + close friends but when golfing with others I tend to lose focus especially on the "feel" shots.

My best golf is played alone. When out with others such as Shottalk outing I tend to lose focus and "feel". My score is easily 0.5 strokes per hole higher.

I think you do just fine when we play.

Goals are...
1. Break 90
2. Get to 85
3. Get my wife to play better (and more often)
4. Get my sister to play better (and more often)
5. Beat Bro-in-law

Goal for 2009:

1) Play more than I did in 2008.

2) Not buy a single club in 2009

One goal is easily obtainable. The other one is darn near impossible. ;)

Keeping it simple...
1. Be alive tomorrow.
2. Sell all my Scottys, even the really cool ones and don't buy any more!
3. Enjoy every round, even the 6 hour marathons behind the 5some that are playing a 25 cent Nassau.
4. Buy some really cool underwear, maybe mesh...
5. Learn to be confident with a 3 wood.
6. Get at least one more round in with my brother, (recently diagnosed with cancer & he can shoot his age).
7. Hotter women, faster horses, stronger whiskey, more money!

Keeping it simple...
1. Be alive tomorrow.
2. Sell all my Scottys, even the really cool ones and don't buy any more!
3. Enjoy every round, even the 6 hour marathons behind the 5some that are playing a 25 cent Nassau.
4. Buy some really cool underwear, maybe mesh...
5. Learn to be confident with a 3 wood.
6. Get at least one more round in with my brother, (recently diagnosed with cancer & he can shoot his age).
7. Hotter women, faster horses, stronger whiskey, more money!

1) I would bet the house on that one.
2) Not a chance. Your too addicted to them.
3) I would bet you would enjoy those rounds even more if you were allowed to dismember at least one of the 5 some. :laugh:
4) Go for it, probably will attract the chicks more than the boat you drive.
5) 50/50 on this one.
6) Get it done, several times if you can.
7) Only in your dreams, chief. :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your brother, Steve. I am hoping and praying he can beat cancer into submission and enjoy several more years out on the course. If he is anything like you, I know he can do it. :thumbs up:

1) I would bet the house on that one.
2) Not a chance. Your too addicted to them.
3) I would bet you would enjoy those rounds even more if you were allowed to dismember at least one of the 5 some. :laugh:
4) Go for it, probably will attract the chicks more than the boat you drive.
5) 50/50 on this one.
6) Get it done, several times if you can.
7) Only in your dreams, chief. :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your brother, Steve. I am hoping and praying he can beat cancer into submission and enjoy several more years out on the course. If he is anything like you, I know he can do it. :thumbs up:

Tim:
1. I can do that.
2. They're going to go, except for maybe the copper Newport, I gotta putt with something, and the Faldo one off, and the Napa, and.... well the Detour is history.
3. I think I'll drink and annoy my partners while we're waiting.
4. "I rarely wear underwear, and when I do it's something unusual." Bill Murray
5. Not even 50/50...
6. 70 years old & shot a 69, I was there. That's my Scottsdale connection.
7. Oh Hell Yeah! You didn't see SWMBO in her yoga outfit about 30 min. ago...I'm a lucky fella, and I've got my head stuck in a bottle of Jack Daniels!

Tim:
4. "I rarely wear underwear, and when I do it's something unusual." Bill Murray
7. Oh Hell Yeah! You didn't see SWMBO in her yoga outfit about 30 min. ago...I'm a lucky fella, and I've got my head stuck in a bottle of Jack Daniels!

:needpics:

#4 is for Claire! :D

I think you do just fine when we play.

Thanks you for those kind words sir!!!!!

I am happy golfing with you and others. I really look forward to the rounds. However I would like to bring my "A" game. Its a concentration issue. My putting especially disappointing.

In the big picture since I do not play for a handicap, no $ involved, the issue is minor. Joy of golf is the key---but the grass is always greener''''''.

With the recent addition of a 2.1* open face angle HiBore XLS Tour I am expecting some great things. I have about 15 rounds in with it and I have missed maybe 3 balls left of target.....all in the light rough. This has really given me a new advantage in that I can hit driver of all the tee boxes now. I'm not reaching for my 2 iron when a narrow fairway makes me nervous b/c the left side has always been lurking. So, on my home course where I have traditionally only hit driver on 8-9 holes I have put myself into wedge distance on holes where I was hitting 7 iron previously. I am really excited to see if I can perhaps get my handi down to a 0 this year given that I am getting roughly 3-5 more realistic looks at birdie....wedges tend to do that as opposed to 7's;) I'm literally like a kid at Christmas with the excitement for my game right now. I went to a belly last year which took me from a couple of 3 putts per round to 3 putting once every several rounds. Hoping a more consistent driver will have the same effect.

Should be interesting.....I'm really excited for '09 b/c driving has always been my achilles!

My best golf is played alone. When out with others such as Shottalk outing I tend to lose focus and "feel". My score is easily 0.5 strokes per hole higher. I really enjoy the conversation and interaction but i need to be able to turn on my "GAME FACE" when it comes time to perform. Large muscle shots are no problem but those feel shots tend to suffer. It comes down to visualization and relaxation when executing these shots. Staying in the moment.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

zaphod

Boy does this sound familiar!! I had some minor success at the end of the year subbing in league where I actually shot three consecutive respectable scores and then... it went to pot again... And all the Wisconsin ST'ers know how bad I played on those days. If I remember earlier in the summer when sssmokin and I played a round with WG we didn't do too badly. :(

my goals. well i broke 80 this year. shot a 79 if i spent more time on my short game and my driving id be better i work on irons constantly. my iron game is spectacular. my short game is solid i just have a problem picking the right shot for the situation. my putting is a mess... so ill need to fix that... and my driver even though i average a good 275 carry could stand to be a lot more under control. with my iron game im close enough to get birdies but my putting is so terrible that i muck it up.

so my goals are going to be trying to get down to low single digits. work out more and get my short game in better order.

If I remember earlier in the summer when sssmokin and I played a round with WG we didn't do too badly. :(

You both played halfway decent, well except for that one par 3 over the swamp. I on the other hand pretty much sucked for most of the rd, had maybe 3-4 shots total that I liked.

But like you said, it was early in the year & I personally think we put too much pressure on ourselves to perform decently. We post on her about various rds & then when we get together none of us wants to look like a lying putz. The extra pressure gets to all of us & we crumble, look at what happened during the fall rd, all of us sucked major ass.

You both played halfway decent, well except for that one par 3 over the swamp. I on the other hand pretty much sucked for most of the rd, had maybe 3-4 shots total that I liked.

But like you said, it was early in the year & I personally think we put too much pressure on ourselves to perform decently. We post on her about various rds & then when we get together none of us wants to look like a lying putz. The extra pressure gets to all of us & we crumble, look at what happened during the fall rd, all of us sucked major ass.

Yup, that pressure is a killer of the smooth comfortable swing. The more fine muscle involved in a shot the more unreliable it is under SELF IMPOSED pressure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520