• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going from Titleist to Ping

Now that someone revived a 2007 thread it would be curious to compare what has changed from the G10 line up they are talking about to the G30 to start this year. After 6 line-ups coming from one or the other, has something really changed?

I too, would like to hear any comments on the G30 line. I currently am gaming the G25 driver and an i25 fairway wood, love them both and really don't see myself changing. But like every other club Ho, if the price is right, I could change...

I haven't heard the hype on the G30 that was out there when the G25 was released. I believe sssmokin' has a G25 and demo'd the G30... staying with the G25.

Now that someone revived a 2007 thread it would be curious to compare what has changed from the G10 line up they are talking about to the G30 to start this year. After 6 line-ups coming from one or the other, has something really changed?
Yes, I wonder also. The G10 was a long and forgiving driver. It took a lot for Ping to to be able to prise it out of Lee Westwood's bag.

I haven't heard the hype on the G30 that was out there when the G25 was released. I believe sssmokin' has a G25 and demo'd the G30... staying with the G25.

I've heard a little bit, but that's why I'm asking. Sssmokin' has commented on my G25 and that he loves his as well. I haven't got out to demo the G30 and I probably still will, but from what some have said, it's the G25 with turbulators on the top.

I had the G10 driver for quite a while. I tried the G25 when it came out and didn't like it nearly as much. To each his own though. Not a many people liked the nike Covert tour and it was the one I liked the most out of everything I tried that year. When I find a driver I like the feel of it stays in the bag for a long time. That said I want to have a go at the new Vapor line when the store I go to gets the fitting cart in. Should be around February. If I like it it might be my 40th birthday present to myself that month.

I had the G10 driver for quite a while. I tried the G25 when it came out and didn't like it nearly as much. To each his own though. Not a many people liked the nike Covert tour and it was the one I liked the most out of everything I tried that year. When I find a driver I like the feel of it stays in the bag for a long time. That said I want to have a go at the new Vapor line when the store I go to gets the fitting cart in. Should be around February. If I like it it might be my 40th birthday present to myself that month.
I still game two G10 hybrids and don't think I'll ever change (unless they break). IMO Ping got 'it' right with those model hybrids. The only thing I changed were the shafts.

I tried the G15, most accurate 9i I've ever hit. Thing flew higher than high but I could walk out 175 yds and place the ball right where I wanted it. One of the shortest drivers I've ever hit.

I keep going back to the FT Tour. Not very forgiving but feels great and is LONG when hit well. I'd like to try the 913 though.

I know this is a ping thread but I don't care. :)

I tried the G15, most accurate 9i I've ever hit. Thing flew higher than high but I could walk out 175 yds and place the ball right where I wanted it. One of the shortest drivers I've ever hit.

I keep going back to the FT Tour. Not very forgiving but feels great and is LONG when hit well. I'd like to try the 913 though.

I know this is a ping thread but I don't care. :)
Son-in-law has a G15 he's played for the past two seasons. Hits the snot out of it. He's demo'd Titleist and Callaway drivers and nothing is as long and accurate as his G15. I had one for something like 2 rounds and hated it....

Son-in-law has a G15 he's played for the past two seasons. Hits the snot out of it. He's demo'd Titleist and Callaway drivers and nothing is as long and accurate as his G15. I had one for something like 2 rounds and hated it....
I wanted to like it. Head looked good, 10.5 loft and a whiteboard shaft. It was accurate as all get out but no matter how well I hit it, couldn't get to 200 yds.

I wanted to like it. Head looked good, 10.5 loft and a whiteboard shaft. It was accurate as all get out but no matter how well I hit it, couldn't get to 200 yds.
It's not the club, it's that girly swing of yours.

I'm still bagging my G5 driver and G10 fairway and hybrid. If they play as well when I start back as they did last time I played, I won't switch.

It's not the club, it's that girly swing of yours.

I'm still bagging my G5 driver and G10 fairway and hybrid. If they play as well when I start back as they did last time I played, I won't switch.
I'm done buying new clubs, just not worth it and there really isn't much performance difference from 5-7 yrs ago.

I'm done buying new clubs, just not worth it and there really isn't much performance difference from 5-7 yrs ago.
I am too, but for me it's more the fact that I don't want to spend the $$ and don't have the game to justify new clubs.

And, I really like both sets of clubs I have.

Probably should have ordered it with a ladies shaft!!! :D

You can perfectly see with this example how the golf retail has had its debacle in the last couple of years. With the G10 there was a lot of expectation due to the good line the G5 where. We were all talking in this forum about the demo days etc. with time the G15,20,25 have had less and less publicity less "to speak about" in forums, etc. up to today when a 100 avid Golf Hoes know nothing about the new line and aren't curious about it (which includes me). Funny isn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300