• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf coach wants to get me fitted - dilemma

Unless you are 6'10" and using orange dot pings, it shouldn't matter.

The point is, unless the clubs are working against you noticably and you have to change your swing because the clubs don't fit, don't worry about it.

Personally, the point I think you should get fitted is when you get a general solid rubric to your swing, and every change will probably be minor, thus the clubs are catered to that swing.

You said "rubric", heh heh heh..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have recently tried a different coach based on a recommendation from a friend, which was before this happened. I had a couple lessons already with this new coach and was quite happy with him.. I asked whether i needed a fitting (length, lie) for irons, and this new coach said at this stage i didnt need one.

The coach who was selling me the clubs is a good coach, but i also think this new coach is quite good also.. i'm contemplating switching over.. i will need to stick with one coach anyway.. i can already see different ideas and coaching techniques, so need to stick with one and run with it.. maybe this experience was the deciding factor

i have recently tried a different coach based on a recommendation from a friend, which was before this happened. I had a couple lessons already with this new coach and was quite happy with him.. I asked whether i needed a fitting (length, lie) for irons, and this new coach said at this stage i didnt need one.

The coach who was selling me the clubs is a good coach, but i also think this new coach is quite good also.. i'm contemplating switching over.. i will need to stick with one coach anyway.. i can already see different ideas and coaching techniques, so need to stick with one and run with it.. maybe this experience was the deciding factor

I'd stick with which ever coach you tend to respond to best. However, if after letting your current coach know that you're not interested in swapping out sticks right now, he gets all weird and can't separate salesman from coach then it is time to move on.

My current pro is actually leaving the area so I'm forced to find a new guy. Luckily there is another guy in the shop that has popped his head in on one of my lessons before and given me some solid throughts so it should be an easy transition. I will miss the other guy though as he was a ho at heart. I would regularly just drop in and talk equipment with him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will miss the other guy though as he was a ho at heart. I would regularly just drop in and talk equipment with him.

there are many a ho at heart on this site.. all is not lost :laugh:

there are many a ho at heart on this site.. all is not lost :laugh:

Good point. It is just that the folks I hang out with think I'm freakin' nuts. It's nice to have someone local that shares this disease...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back