• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golf on a budget update, my bag is all set for now!

dukejh12

Reaction score
Well I was succesfully able to get some decent clubs on a tight budget...

TaylorMade r580 XD- 129.99 at dick's.
Adams Ovation 3 and 5 wood- 70.00 total at dicks
Adams GT-500 4-LW Iron set- 199.99 at dicks.

Got fitted for these for a grand total of about 450 dollars. Trying to stay under 400 bucks but I think I did pretty good. I love the r580 and the woods are very nice. We will see about the irons, I hope they work for me.

Well done. Fitted too? That's a good deal. Enjoy them.
icon14.gif

Smart purchases all....good job.

you could have paid alot less on ebay, but you still did well..

as long as you hit them well, it doesnt matter what you paid...:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah believe me i was looking at ebay for days but it just comes down to how much I can trust the people on the condition descriptions and plus it always feels nice to have brand new things still in the wrapping:)

yeah believe me i was looking at ebay for days but it just comes down to how much I can trust the people on the condition descriptions and plus it always feels nice to have brand new things still in the wrapping:)

alot of people new to ebay have trouble trusting that they wont get ripped off, or get a POS used club, when they were told 9/10...

i have found though, that sellers will try everything they can to avoid a negative feedback.. so i never worry that i will get a mis-represented club, i have also found that they almost always underrate the condition..

i can understand about the brand new in wrapper thing.. but to me it makes me 100X more happy to know i got an amazing deal, probably because i am so poor as a student with no job...

Solid clubs, all of them. I'm with you; sure you could've saved a bit of money buying on ebay but you were able to get quality, new, clubs and without blowing your budget completely. Job well done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys, can't wait to test em out today!!!

i too tried working on a budget when I improved my clubs (started out with an Acuity set from Dick's)

I got the R580xd and love it, though the Clevelnad Hi-Bore I just got even cheaper :D might replace it.

I tried those Adams irons and almost bought them myself but decided to go another $100 and get these TM rd xls instead.

Looks like you put together a nice bag on the cheap, nice job. Don't let these guys turn you in to a ho. ;)

I got the R580xd and love it, though the Clevelnad Hi-Bore I just got even cheaper :D might replace it.

I love the R580-XD head. It's one of the most solid driver designs TM has ever produced. I actually bought a second one (10.5°) after I hit the first (9.5°) for a while because they were so cheap.

Don't let these guys turn you in to a ho. ;)

Probably too late already. :laugh:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

FedEx Ranking