• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GolfWorld magazine run by idiots

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golf Digest owns GolfWorld but here's the bitch. First of all, great magazine. Best I've ever read.

Here's the gripe. I subscribed through a online magazine subscription company, paid them for the subscription (I think).

Got an invoice from GolfWorld for the subscription cost. Since I couldn't remember if I paid the other company and was too lazy to check it out I paid the invoice.

Today, got another invoice from GolfWorld. Are these people really this dumb or is this their scam?

Guess they'll have to cancel the subscription since I threw it in the garbage. :laugh:

I love Golf World but just recently let my subscription expire after 7 years. My wife got me a 1-year subscription. A few months later, she got notification the subscription was expired. She renewed. A few weeks later... another renewal notice. Busy, she renewed. Before we realized what was happening, we had a subscription paid out 7 years. Learned the hard way to toss anything and everything from Golf World in the trash! Again, even though probably the best publication in golf today, I'll never again subscribe due to their "interesting" practices.

I would say it isn't intentional, just bad practices..??

Only thing close for me is 1 sub. to tv guide and they started sending 2...
come to think of it I have had duplicate billing for mags....mens health....dropped it all together.

I had the same fun. I haven't paid for a couple of years now but am paid up through 2009. However, in the process of trying to find out when it ran out (I didn't want to miss issues) I did learn that you can go online and find out when your subscription runs out. Then when it gets close you can pick a renewal package. Golfworld is the best mag available, and I didn't want to give it up just because they have questionable practices.

Only thing close for me is 1 sub. to tv guide and they started sending 2...
Or right when they send the notices that your subscription is about to expire, when they print the exp. date in the code on their notice and you have like 11 months left.

A lot of magazines send "early renewal reminders" 6 months or more before the subscription lapses. I've had this happen a few times.

Now, I don't pay anything until I get the one marked "This is your last issue"...

Gold digest did the same sorta thing to me.

i started getting letters saying my sub. was about to expire. I renewed my sub. and mailed a cheque. continued to get these letters for the next few weeks until they must have got my re-newal application and cheque.

give them time.

Or right when they send the notices that your subscription is about to expire, when they print the exp. date in the code on their notice and you have like 11 months left.
LOL that exactly what TV guide does!

LOL that exactly what TV guide does!
Yeah, I took TV Guide for about 20 years and would have around 3 years at a time. I would still get expiration notices. I stopped taking it when I moved up here, in part because of how high their price has gone up in the last 10 years or so. Mainly because with all the services available they stopped listing channels in a manner that you could easily find. Got tired of going to the front or back of the magazine. I used my palm for the last 3 years, and now Tivo. With the Tivo or palm listings, I had no use for TV Guide. You should have seen all the notices I got when my service lapsed after about 20 years. 4 years later I am still getting them, asking if I realized it expired.

If I haven't noticed in 4 years, it would likely say it isn't worth the money to me. :)

Yeah, I took TV Guide for about 20 years and would have around 3 years at a time. I would still get expiration notices. I stopped taking it when I moved up here, in part because of how high their price has gone up in the last 10 years or so. Mainly because with all the services available they stopped listing channels in a manner that you could easily find. Got tired of going to the front or back of the magazine. I used my palm for the last 3 years, and now Tivo. With the Tivo or palm listings, I had no use for TV Guide. You should have seen all the notices I got when my service lapsed after about 20 years. 4 years later I am still getting them, asking if I realized it expired.

If I haven't noticed in 4 years, it would likely say it isn't worth the money to me. :)

When the sub. get within 4 months of the exp. they start calling. I never use it the wife does. So I'm screwed. I don't like it since it went too the magazine format.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520