• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

golfwrx.com an up and comer forum based golf site

site looks good. I like the layout

Arrgh, protected forums.

Sorry but I can't be bothered. It would be better that your "up and coming" forum was at least readable by the unregistered. Thereby making it easier to decide on signing up. Otherwise it strikes me that the board becomes top heavy with a slew of registered zero posters.

Good luck with it though. ;)

Not to belabor the point but here's what I mean;

According to your home page you have "Our 472 members have contributed 2764 posts!"

My membership is less than 1/2 of that but the verbose bastards here have made over 12,000 posts.....This is mostly Rockford's fault.

I think you should require membership for posting but not for reading.

To prove his point, I took a look but did not register. It would be nice if you could lurk first to see if there's any interest. It's a nice looking site though.

2 more things, if you actually come back and read this I wonder what was the catalyst that spurred the creation of wrx?

I find that MOST boards, golf or otherwise, were born of dissatisfaction or a bad experience at another site, what's the history?

2nd, what does wrx stand for? Should I be thinking "golfworks"? or does it mean something else?

Cheers!

Not to be rude but are you's just a BSG wannabee site, you have a very similar layout and similar goals to the way that site is now, tour products etc.. It looks good, the forums are to unorganized and there are maybe too many forums, but good luck.

Slingblade61 said:
Arrgh, protected forums.

Sorry but I can't be bothered. It would be better that your "up and coming" forum was at least readable by the unregistered. Thereby making it easier to decide on signing up. Otherwise it strikes me that the board becomes top heavy with a slew of registered zero posters.

Good luck with it though. ;)

I'd have to agree with Sling. How can you know if you want to join and participate if you can't take it for a test drive.

Hi guys,

I'm one of the mods over at Golfwrx and notice one of your members said that a link was posted here so I came over to check it out. Sorry for the seemingly plug and go tactic but, we've been really busy lately on the site upgrades. Its only up for about 1 month and open to the public for about 20 days. To address some of your questions:

From our Home page about who we are?
What is golfwrx.com?

This site was launched with the intent to become the ultimate web destination/resource to those who eat, drink and sleep golf. Our success is contingent upon our ability to provide an environment that is informative, respectful and non-biased.

This is a place to come together and share your experience, knowledge, insight, opinions, and passion for the game with others that have a common interest in the best sport in the world.

Everyone is Welcome

Touring professionals or high handicappers, it makes no difference. We expect all to be treated equally without exception. ALL members’ opinions are important. Expert or novice, the only requirement for membership is respect for your fellow members.

Posted today by Easyyy towards a similar questions
We needed this. A place that offers the membership what they want. What does membership want?

1. Unbias spin free forum with no agenda other than the LOVE of the game.

2. A place that has a culture that will keep the best personalities around. In the rules we will protect the members from the bashing and agendas that drive people away. JC and I have talked along with Ryan, Joe, and the Mods about taking the high road and trying to make this above all a Golf Site. A place to come together and surround ourselves with the things we want to see and read.

3. Ability to move around using the "best" software they can ge their hands on. Like posting pics from your hard drive. Spell check, feedback system, etc.

For years I have spent countless hours participating in these types of forums. My best experience personally was with GO. They had an awesome culture. People were friendly and Josh Whit and or Mitch2 had those awesome reviews. People got along great. The software used to give us fits from time to time and posting pics was slow but all and all I felt great to be a member there. Still do. Prad and his Pictures of his Bag with those Firesoles hooked me in the worst way. Things change, and more sites popped up.

We felt that we needed to do the right thing and build "golfwrx.com". As JC tries to remind me "it isn't a sprint, its a marathon". We wanted to add a mega site. The forums would be the first phase and that would lead to a multidimensional site that would feature depth from articles in many different facets of the game. Try to draw in the OEMs to recognize us as a class site that has integrity.

Also JC feels it is very important to bring back integrity back to the "Tour" equipment. The last year or so has been bad for the consumer as it relates to the authenticity of many different tour clubs. We believe we must set a high bar and help inform our membership what is authentic PGA tour equipment and what is not. Doing this while we stick to our rules and principles is the delicate line we walk.

I need to trust the info I am reading the best I can, and I also want to feel integrity and so level of pride in my affiliation with a site. I was very proud to be a member of GO and would go out of my way for them. I trusted their character, and we will allow the membership to learn to trust our character.

We have many modifications coming. New skin in the next week or so, followed by many others. We hope membership continues to grow to allow the types of Pics and info we are customed to.

As for the BSG claim, you guys are right to some degree because of all of the "old guard" BSG guys are moderators on Golfwrx.com. These guys are the true community that built BSG to what it is today but did not like the direction it has taken.

As for closed viewing. The membership feels that their information is privileged and so a simple registration request is asked. We had the forum open for a few days and there were a lot of guest that were taking our information elsewhere. It is the web so we were not upset about it but, felt registration was a better method to track where our info was going. If you guys have any more questions, fire away. Btw, you guys have a nice site here too.

Yes, well....good luck then.

I still think the protected forum is a big mistake. The compromise would be to open the forum and have maybe one protected area for whatever sensitive information you are protecting. I can't see the harm in letting people see the thing first. Keeping it closed up will stiffle growth.

On the other hand....if you are a BSG off shoot then it should be no problem pinching members from there, closed forum or not. ;)

I am amazed that this site has 600 members in 2 months, this is great what is the key to your sucess?

BTW I am the member there just to let you guys no.

I think the growth is directly attributal to the need for the forum. We selected 75 core members and 12 moderators who are in the know. If you've been around other boards, you would recognize many names that are actively posting again. We knew if we built it right, word of mouth will bring people to us. When we opened it up, we did only open it up to a few forums. We may do it again.

The master said:
I am amazed that this site has 600 members in 2 months, this is great what is the key to your sucess?

BTW I am the member there just to let you guys no.

Thanks for your membership. Really. The members are everything. We have all the intentions to do things right. The open door policy was in place for a couple of weeks and we saw a lot of the post being copy and pasted. We found it difficult to see who was coming and going. We have had a lot of "haters" come in and try to spoil the site. I didnt think that we would see this type of behavior put we did. So we decided to have folks register. We are only asking for a valid e-mail. Doesnt seem out of line. We wouldnt spam or do anything with it. If they wanted us to remove it after a trial we wouldnt mind either.

The mods and charter members are Golf freaks like many of you. We wanted a place to call home. A place with out haters and a place that took the high road. GX posted a post I wrote last night and it sums up the intentions quite well.

We have great folks over there as you guys have here im sure. Isnt it great.

Sorry I havent checked back till now, I will much more often.

Richard

"haters"

These are BSG guy's? regardless, I have news for you......there is nothing you can do to keep them out if they really want to come in.

When you say "valid e-mail" do you mean an ISP based account, comcast, adelphia, road runner and the like or are you taking web based e-mail as well (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)?

banning web based e-mail accounts is one way to kill 2 birds with one stone, you get a legit registration that can be easily tracked if if the user gets squiffy and you can open the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520