• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goodyear Grips???

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got this year's Golfsmith Club building catalog and Goodyear is now making grips-news to me. Anyway it looks like they have a heck of a deal for the plain grip- $1.49 each, about $20 to do my whole bag. Has anybody played these grips? How are they? Here is the link...

Golfsmith.com: Golf store=

The Tour Traction looks exactly like my Golf Pride grips. Exactly the same model and color combination.

I might try them. I'm looking for grips and didn't realize Golfsmith takes Paypal. Which ones were $1.49? The link comes up to one that is $2.99?

They changed to $1.49 when I added them to my cart. I ordered 11 of them for my irons and wedges.

• Staff
They changed to $1.49 when I added them to my cart. I ordered 11 of them for my irons and wedges.

You beat me to it. I am thinking about getting them for all my clubs- I currently have Ribbed grips and want to go back to round, also have cords and want to go back to rubber, I think these are the way to go.

We'll be expecting a review. :thumbs up:

I'll put one on my snow shovel then.
icon12.gif

Sorry for the VERY IGNORANT question, but what' the difference with a "full cord"?

Full cord means there are bits of thread sewn into the grip for better adhesion. Guys that play in wet areas and areas of great humidity sometimes like these better.

There are 1/4 cord (top hand only, backside of grip), 1/2 cord (backside of grip) and full cord (entire grip is corded) styles of grips.

R35

Full cord means there are bits of thread sewn into the grip for better adhesion. Guys that play in wet areas and areas of great humidity sometimes like these better.

There are 1/4 cord (top hand only, backside of grip), 1/2 cord (backside of grip) and full cord (entire grip is corded) styles of grips.

R35

Thank you very much for your explanation. This really solves the doubt. Thanks mate:thumbs up:

there are a lot of good grips out there - I keep telling myself i'm going to stop buying them until I need them, but at just a couple bucks a piece.....I keep adding a few to each order

what the hell am I going to do with that 1 Michellin grip I bought last year? or that pink breast cancer ribbon DD2?

Heh, I feel you pain Rick..

I cut off perfectly good grips, JUST to change them sometimes. I tell myself at just a few bucks a pop, it's merely like losing a ball in the water/woods.

However, I AM addicted to my New Decade MCC's. I have to have some cord in my grips. Too much humidity around here, and in the rain I play without gloves and still have a good grip.

LMK how those work out EZ, I'm in the market for some grips for my other-other set of irons. I have some Tommy Armours that need some new rubber. I have 10 corded tour velvets in a bag in the closet that I have NO idea why I bought the other week, other than being 50% off. ;)

Whats the advantage of ribbed grips for those who use them? I never saw the advantage to those?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520