• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greetings from Dallas

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
I've been here a week now; another interminable class on the governments dime. BOR-ING!!!! Thank goodness I get to go home this Friday.

The one bright spot was getting to play golf this past weekend. Saturday I got to play with our very own wirehair. Steve was kind enough to pick me up from my hotel, fix me up with a nice set of sticks from his stash, including a Tour prototype Scotty, take me to Stephens Park golf course, and let me beat him (hee-hee). :) After that he took me home to meet Mrs. wirehair, have a nice homemade dinner, and introduce me to Shiner Bock beer. Thanks again, Steve, I owe you.

Sunday I took a cab to a really nice muni complex, Sherrill Park, where they have 2 18 hole courses, aptly named #1 and #2. I was put with 3 other guys and we played #2, which fit, because my game promptly went into the crapper.

Actually, I blame the rental clubs. The driver was a F Speed Cobra, which I stupidly tried to play with a square face, instead of just letting the darn thing sit closed like it wanted to do. So for the 1st 9 holes, I hit big push fades. Finally on the back, I figured it out.

Never did figure out the F Speed 3 wood. Topped it on the fairway and topped it on the tee, hitting a massive 100 yard drive the only time I tried it. But I followed that shot up with a 8 iron layup and then stiffed a 7 iron to 6" for a par.

The irons were Cobra FP, which were decent, but the steel shaft felt really heavy to me.

The worst club in the bag was the Tommy Armour putter. Yuch. After that Scotty, I guess I was spoiled, but that thing felt dead. After missing putts with it all day, I finally drained a 12 footer on the last hole for my only birdie.

If you are ever in Dallas, I highly recommend you try Sherrill Park, but beware it is VERY crowded, and full of people who like to pick up any golf ball they see. :(

With any luck I'll be back home this Friday by 10PM. Oops!! It's Friday the 13th!!! Not a good day to be flying.

MMm... Shiner.

Speaking of which, and I know it's off-topic, so forgive me.. But Shiner has a 100year commemorative beer out, that just blows your pants off.. Literally, it's awesome.

*on topic*

How was the weather out there? Sister said it was hot... compared to GA.

Weather was low 80s both days, and very windy on Saturday. Sunday was perfect.

MMm... Shiner.

Speaking of which, and I know it's off-topic, so forgive me.. But Shiner has a 100year commemorative beer out, that just blows your pants off.. Literally, it's awesome.

*on topic*

How was the weather out there? Sister said it was hot... compared to GA.

Ah A Shiner Bock and a +1 to the 100 year Shiner Never off topic with those two.:beach3:

Oh mna, I've got to get on the phone and see who in Tampa has some of that 100-year Shiner.

Damn, i want a .gov job....

Get flown all over the country....get to stick my fingers up random animals orifices(or have they regulated u to just chickens now?).....what could be better? :D

You are a lucky lucky man!

I played with Doc & it was fun, but let me tell you, don't gey mixed up in an land war in Asia with this dude. He moans about his game, but here's what actually happened.

I put him on a tricky, hilly course with lots of hidden shots in a 20 MPH wind. He played with sticks he'd never seen before, never even got a chance to hit a few balls on a range and still shot an 84. Don't play poker with the man.

Seriously, we had a great time and I wish I could have done some more the next day.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to meet & tee it up with you.

BTW - Both the white dog and Edward the Devil Cat (as well as SWMBO) send greetings.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520