• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello

sickofsand

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

My name is Ray and I am 33. I have been playing for a little over three months. I played a little about seven years ago but never took a real interest until now. I am shooting in the mid 90's now, hoping to break into the 80's by Christmas.

I am in the Army and currently stationed at Ft Huachuca in Southern Az. I will be moving to Ft Benning in Ga. in the next month or two. I try to play at least once a week on the post course (Mountain View Golf Course).

Once I played a few rounds, I did a lot of research and set my self up with some fairly good sticks. I work with a 9.5 degree Nike Sasquatch driver, 15degree nike Ignite 3 wood, a 22 degree Nickent hybrid, 3-pw Titleist 704 CB, 56 and 60 degree Titleist Vokey wedges (oil can finish), and a Odyssey white hot #5 putter. My best round so far is a 92.

I look forward to meeting new people here and getting a few pointers along the way.

Ray

I am not sure if I am glad for you that you're getting out of AZ or sad for you that you have to go to Jawrja. Just kidding if I had to live in the SE US I guess Georgia would be my choice, but only if I had to. Dude you are killing me as far as getting your score down.

Nice clubs. Good luck breaking 90 its really not that hard aslong as you don't try to kill the ball everytime you swing.

When you get to God's Country, otherwise known as Georgia, let us know, and we'll invite you to join our friendly statewide hacker's get-together.

If you can break 90, you'll probably win. :D

Welcome. There are pretty nice courses here, well in Atl. anyway.

on a sidenote, Hey Siberian, what kind of irons are those ?

Welcome aboard, and thank you for serving.

Growing up my father was in the army, and I spent 3 years over two different occasions in Ft Huachuca. Interestingly enough, I first learned to play at the course in Ft Huachuca when I was 12. I played for about a year, until moved to Ft Leavenworth, where I played for a very short time until I started devoting more time to soccer. I wish I had stuck with it, but waited until I was 35 to pick up a club again. They used to have some beautiful courses on the military bases. Although while in Huachuca, I probably spent more time on horseback because my father was in the 4th Cavalry memorial unit, and we spent a great deal of time at the Buffalo Corral and up in the mountains on horseback. Good luck in Ft Benning, I never spent anytime there, although my brother did after being commisioned and going through the Ranger School.

Again, Welcome and thank you.

Hi Everyone

Hello from downunder where the weather is always great for a few holes (albeit sometimes a bit too hot) I've been playing for a couple of years now but really have only just got obsessed in the last 6 months with some coaching etc. At the moment my game seems to have hit a ceiling and my results havn't really improved for the last 2 months (very frustrating) I think this limitation is a psycological one tho and i'll ask about a product i've found to maybe help with that in the appropriate equipment section of this forum. (so have a look in there cos i'd like to know what you think)
All the best everyone and thanks for a great forum, there's so much info in here it's a great read especially when i'm stuck at work and having withdrwls.
Cheers
Sappho

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35