• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me pick my new putter...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Reaction score
i have a list of putters im considering. please chime in as to what i should demo/get.

taylormade rossa monza corza
odyssey 2 ball white hot heel shaft
odyssey XG 7
nike black oz t130

scotty camerons are out of the question as they are too expensive...

FWIW...after sixteen years of playing a small blade, I switched to the 2-Ball and it has definitely helped my short putting....

Hope this helps...

I am just beginning golf, but I can say that there are some clubs that are more comfortable for your stance, how you set up, and your putting style. I personally found the Odyssey 2 ball SRT and the Nike Oz MP 130 to fit me well. I chose the Oz MP 130 for the feedback of sound, in the end and the balance of the club in my hand.

I play a 35 inch TM rossa monza corza. I have 2-12 gram weights in it.

I love it on short putts, 5 feet and in it is deadly, easily the best putter I have ever owned from that distance.

Long putts it is also very nice. The weight really helps ensure I get the ball to the hole. It is also easy to line up on long putts, and rolls very true.

The problem I have with this putter is breaking putts, that need a gentle touch. The hard face, the shape of the head, and the overall weight just dont set up well for finesse putting.

I find this to be the same with most of the larger, heavier, mallet type putters.

For benders requiring a gentle touch, nothing beats a blade style (hockey stick) with a soft face insert putter

Heel toe weighted suit an in to out to in stroke,face balanced suit a straight back and through stroke

I love my 2ball, but I've used the TM a bit too and it's a cool putter, but I guess just go back a week or two in a row and see what you like best and is most consistant(though it really doesn't matter).

Putting is the weak part of my game both long and short puts. I currently use the Odyssey blade two ball putter. I have had it a long time but just simply haven't really ever got used to it.

I have just bought (arriving tomorrow) a Titleist / Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2.5 series putter. Not sure what it will be like, got it off Ebay, if I can't get on with it I will just put it back on Ebay again.

My biggest issue is judging distance, some people seem to find the two ball from Odyssey fantastic, and can get a 25 footer within a yard all the time. With me, nothing outside 6 inches is a gimmie!! GRRR!!

I have heard good things about this Titleist Studio putter, so when it gets here tomorrow I will try it out and maybe write a little review.....

A Cameron Futura Phantom 2 would look mighty nice to round out that bag.
icon10.gif
I liked the 2ball and was impressed by the Nike OZ. I play a semi-mallet putter, Wilson Prostaff KC 2. I tried a Cameron studio design based solely on looks (and peer pressure) but it wasn't for me. IMO, pick a putter you like and keep it until you can't bend over far enough to use it anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520