• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey clark!

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Reaction score
How's the AR? And also what are you going to hunt with? I was at the range today with my buddy shooting his Tikka .270 and thought of you.

thought of you.

Aww...i'm touched! :prop:

Its running great, so far have not had any malfunctions through 300 rounds...

Tons of fun to shoot. I have shot a few golf balls with it and have been trying to find the remains but so far i havent found anything left of the ball....

I am going to take it with me hunting white tails and i am going to shoot my doe with it as we have to "earn a buck"...but i dont want to try taking a big buck up nort' with it. 556 just isnt big enough to take down a large deer reliably. I have my 30-30 or 30-06 or 270 for the big boys and a 300 RUM for the really big ones!

Also going to be taking out some Coyotes with it hopefully next year sometime or maybe this winter after deer season. My uncle says hes got a few more than he is comfortable with out on his farm that he wants thinned out. I am trying to put together a prairie dog hunt together and i will probably take it with for that too. Although i want to get a varmint upper for it before i take it out there.

How did the Tikka shoot? Those are usually really good shooters out of the box. I have pulled the trigger on a couple. What kind of glass does he have on it?

I don't shoot enough to give you a great review, but I really like those Tikkas. It's very light. The bolt is the one of the slickest I have seen. I'd say it's a pretty solid gun for the $600 or whatever they go for. Right now he's just got a nikon buckmasters 3-9 cuz he had it laying around, but that's gonna get upgraded next year. Not sure what he's gonna go for though. What's your scope of choice?

Depends on what i am going to use the scope for. Scopes REALLY stick to the "Get what you pay for" montra....the REALLY expensive scopes are really expensive for a reason.

On my LONG range rifle i used to have(but sold for college tuition :( ) i had a NightForce scope on it(Had well over 5k in that rig, god i miss that rifle). My rule of thumb is spend at least what you spent on the rifle on optics...preferably 2x.

For a cheaper alternative that still has pretty good glass in it look at the bushnell 3200 or 4200 elite series, leupold, and Mueller...mueller sells top notch scopes for fairly cheap prices...i have never been able to shoot one, but people i know that are Nightforce ONLY kind of guys, like mueller on their rimfires(but then they put 3k+ dollar scopes on their deer rifles...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520