• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Highlights of the Open 2007

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fantastic tourney. Lots of highlights for me.

• The course was tough but fair, good shots rewarded and bad shots punished
  • Fantastic scoring - outstanding shots
  • Drama right until the final putt, never a dull moment
  • Interesting weather - not easy, not too difficult.
  • Watching an Irishman win the Open for the 1st time in 40 years (and winning ~£100 in the process :laugh:)
  • Rory McIlroy (another Irishman) winning the Silver medal
  • Watcing McGinley and Jiminez follow the boys in the play-off, that's outstanding camaraderie from fellow tour members
  • Interviews with Boo Weekly and KJ Choi - outstanding comedy
  • Watching Tiger Woods force a sub-par round even though he weas clearly no-where near his A game
  • Richard Green's 64 - should have been a 63
  • Sergio hitting the pin on 16 and Jiminez almost acing it earlier in the week.

The Emerald Isle must be very proud today!

I must confess I was happy to see a Euro win it. :)

I violently agree....one of the most exciting Majors ever.

After 25 years of marriage to moi, my wife has been forced to watch countless hours of American college football, basketball and golf. In the process, she has become a damn good TV companion in all three sports.

Even though she has never touched a club, sometimes she makes the most uncanny predictions and observations. On Harrington's second shot on 18, she commented, "He got so quick at the top!" I am speechless at her accuracy.

Then she flat out predicted he would get up and down and win in a playoff over Garcia.

I loved it, love the Open Championship the more I watch it. I love that course and those finishing, brutal holes.

Agreed, great golf this weekend.

I love the Open as it provides intense drama and unpredictable outcomes - based soley on it's setup as a whole. I find it crazy that some courses seem like a cake walk for these guys (I hate watching that) while these "tough" courses make for the best - the BEST - entertainment, by far.

Whoda thunk Boo Weekly would be where he was? Steve Stricker? Ernie makes a comeback? Argentina doesn't teach course management in their Q-schools? Paddy....driver? Hybrid was the best choice. ;)

Great entertainment. My guess is that the PGA won't be anywhere near what this has to offer. No burn, no fescue.

Congrats to Paddy, and to Sergio, for making this a great Open.

Did anyone see the highlights of that lady grabbing that fat guy's ass for about 35 seconds?!? Gold! :D

R35

What a fantastic tourney. Lots of highlights for me.

• The course was tough but fair, good shots rewarded and bad shots punished
  • Fantastic scoring - outstanding shots
  • Drama right until the final putt, never a dull moment
  • Interesting weather - not easy, not too difficult.
  • Watching an Irishman win the Open for the 1st time in 40 years (and winning ~£100 in the process :laugh:)
  • Rory McIlroy (another Irishman) winning the Silver medal
  • Watcing McGinley and Jiminez follow the boys in the play-off, that's outstanding camaraderie from fellow tour members
  • Interviews with Boo Weekly and KJ Choi - outstanding comedy
  • Watching Tiger Woods force a sub-par round even though he weas clearly no-where near his A game
  • Richard Green's 64 - should have been a 63
  • Sergio hitting the pin on 16 and Jiminez almost acing it earlier in the week.

Fantastic tournament. And you have pretty much highlighted everything I would have. The whole four days just seemed so exciting to me, and I am glad Harrington won as well, even being a huge Sergio fan.

Did anyone see the highlights of that lady grabbing that fat guy's ass for about 35 seconds?!? Gold! :D

R35

Hah! That was hilarious... and the announcers started snickering and said "How did THAT get on the air?"

I did enjoy it, seems like The Open has been most competetive the last few years.

That or I'm just enjoying it the most.

Frankly, I'm just speechless. I just finished watching the TIVO'd final round, and my heart is still jumping all over the place. Incredible drama.

I TIVO'd every round and watched every minute.

Tournaments like this are one of the reasons I play golf. Congrats to Paddy. You kept your head on straight after a horrendous final hole in regulation, came back strong and won against a very tough opponent. Good on ya'.

And yeah, the ass-grab was gold.:laugh:

I think it was a fair test, lots of excitement right to the end and we got a playoff, WOW!

Hah! That was hilarious... and the announcers started snickering and said "How did THAT get on the air?"

Thats the BBC for you - was very funny indeedy :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520