• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hooked bad

VT

I have been reading up on portraits and finally think I am getting better at them. I have a long ways to catch you though. Do you think this is better than previous efforts?

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_willbw.jpg

Rock takes pictures of his kid naked, and Lyle of his drooling, your kids are going to hate ya'll, :biglol:

Good looking kid Lyle.

Rock takes pictures of his kid naked, and Lyle of his drooling, your kids are going to hate ya'll, :biglol:

It would be easier for me to photograph bigfoot than catch the boy not drooling LOL

It would be easier for me to photograph bigfoot than catch the boy not drooling LOL

So true.

I have that same sleeper for the kid, Lyle. Monkeys galore, I guess.

Your kid has the classic widows peak for hairline. My kid has no hairline, he's just growing in every direction. Weird how genetics works.

Cute kid, BTW.

R35

Your kid has the classic widows peak for hairline. My kid has no hairline, he's just growing in every direction. Weird how genetics works.

Cute kid, BTW.

R35

The funny thing about his hairline is that the only person in either of our families to have that hairline was my Grandfather on my Dad's side. This was who we named our son after, long before we saw the hairline.

VT

I have been reading up on portraits and finally think I am getting better at them. I have a long ways to catch you though. Do you think this is better than previous efforts?

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_willbw.jpg

Let me check back when I get home on my other monitor. My laptop LCD is not the best test

Lyle - I think it's a great capture, and the B/W conversion is good too. Be careful with portraits and DOF. In this case the shallowness works well since your subject is an infant and tht soft dreamy closeup is almost a standard. If you decide to shoot in a studio setting, with backgrounds that you don't need to obliterate with bokeh, you can stop down to about F8 and really capture the detail in eyes nose and mouth.

I really like the lighting, looks like window at subject right (camera left) from the higlights. If you are using a flash, you might want a little bit of fill so that the details on the baby's left aren't lost.

I'd love to see the color version and a blast of USM or Smart Sharpen on it. Start framnig some of these to hang around. If you want an excellent lab recommendation let me know. Excellent paper selection and insanely fast shipping. Affordable too.

Before you go and get the studio kit, you can also get great results with a shoe mounted flash that swivels so you can bounce it off the ceiling.

as127.photobucket.com_albums_p158_VTDivot_Portrait_MommyCallieResized.jpg

That's a nice shot VT. Now that the weather is nice I hope to do a lot more shooting outside. A few from Easter weekend.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_williamoutside1.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_williamoutside2.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_kristawilliamoutside.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_kristaBW1.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_cat.jpg

We have that baby chair too, Lyle. Does yours play Old McDonald's farm when you pull the cow with more than 5 notes? Ours doesn't, it's hilarious.

Great pics, the both of you.

R35

We have that baby chair too, Lyle. Does yours play Old McDonald's farm when you pull the cow with more than 5 notes? Ours doesn't, it's hilarious.

Great pics, the both of you.

R35

LOL, that cow is going to go missing one of these days, it drives me nuts.

Great pics guys, cute kids and a nice looking wife there too.

I have my 2nd grandkid due before long. Well, step grandchild. My wifes 1st by her boys, so she is hyper excited and shopping for all those wonderful items ya'll are talking about that make noise, ughhhh!

Great pics guys. I've recently gotten into photography as well (wife bought me a Nikon D90 for my bday) :D

Since I don't have any kids yet, I've resorted to taking pics of random things here in NYC. Still learning but it's so much fun.

Have yet to take it out on the course with me. Will post pics when I do.

Here are a couple shots.
View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3493_3205275782_b001c36904.jpg

HDR:
View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3228_3117679163_99e2a37fb1.jpg

Water droplet
View attachment afarm4.static.flickr.com_3375_3199704419_8fd0712cb1.jpg

Johnny,
Real nice sharpness on the water droplet. The whole shot works for me.

Heres a few took yesterday. I am playing around with black and white a lot lately. I really like oversaturated, overly contrasty BW photos. More art than accurate. I think these turned out exactly as I hoped, you may think otherwise LOL.

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_oldvan.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_oldsign.jpg

ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b399_biglyle2_woodenman.jpg

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54