• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

House appraisal

Same job, same title. Amazing how geography plays a huge deal when it comes to dollars.
R35

It really is.

My company hourly rate was $50 a hour when I lived in Southern, ON. That was all the market would bear as it was flooded by trades and (I mean this with no offense at all) immigrant workers who would work for very little money.
Here in Northern Ontario, my company rates have jumped to $75 per hour and even at that rate I can barely keep up and find employee's to handle the load, yet wages for employee's are the same. I should have moved here years ago.

It's like that here in the states also. Here in the midwest if you are making $60,000-80,000k that's a damn good wage. But go hit NYC or San Francisco & that's a paupers wage. Here you can buy a damn nice house for between $150 & 200k, in those other locations $750k is a starter home. Doesn't make sense to me but whatever works I guess.

Different when you're born and grow up there, tho.

R35

Newfies tend to be very tied to the rock for some reason and all want to move back there. I love Cape Breton but I'm intelligent enough to realize that it's no place for me to raise my kids. It's too isolated, too 1950s, and the population "generally" speaking is just not well informed when it comes to culture. This mostly due I think to the lack of travel experience - see isolation.

I'm not saying people there are racist, just not well informed, borderline ignorant. It's a wonderful place to visit, and I enjoy my 3 weeks vaca there every summer, but I will never live there again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520