• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How do you organize your golf bag?

How do you organize your golf bag?

• Every club has its proper place. All of the clubs are in a specific order.

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Arrange clubs in groups (long-irons/mid-irons/wedges etc) but in no specific order.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Group the types (woods and irons) but in no specific groupings or order.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • No order what so ever. Random clubs in a bag.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I let my caddy worry about that. Thats why I pay him/her.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nice looking bag, KWC.:)

At least I am not the only one with OCD. :D

Thanks Ualtim, As I said above, it doesn't look like this by the end of the round. BTW I just bought the Ping Craze Lite bag in the picture and it is the lightest, most comfortable carry bag I have ever used.

Out of the 4-6 guys I usually play with, I'm the only one that keeps an organized bag. I just don't understand how they just put clubs where ever, totally bugs me.

I use an Ogio BossHog cart bag with the Woode top so it's fairly easy to keep things straight. Each wood and hybrid (2 of each) have their own slot along the side and then the irons are grouped in threes; 5-7, 8-P, wedges. Putter flies solo in the "pit".

My driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood all go up top but its in one pocket with no particular order, same with my 3, 4 and 5 iron. My 6 7 8 and putter all have their own slots, my 9 and pw have their own slot and same with the 52 and 58.

my experince with caddying is that everybody has some sort of order in thier bag and you better keep it that way because they dont want to be looking for a minute for a club. (Its kind of funny when you put the club in the wrong bag though and it takes them forever to find out, but it sucks when you leave that bag with the guy on the other side of the fairway and you have to run to go get it.)

Top Slot: Driver, 4, 7 woods
Left Middle Slot: Putter, 6 Iron
Right Middle Slot: 5, 4, 3 irons
Bottom Slot: LW, SW, PW, 9, 8, 7 irons

I love the Woode top....

Driver and fairway woods along the side...

Putter in the top slot.

Wedges in bottom...mid irons in middle and mid-long irons at the top...

I have a lightweight Izzo cart bag that's very easy to keep organized. I could find it on their site now but this is sort of what it looks like.
Picture1.gif

I love the Woode top....

Driver and fairway woods along the side...

Putter in the top slot.

Wedges in bottom...mid irons in middle and mid-long irons at the top...

While I very much like the Woode system in general, I'm not thrilled with the putter spot. I think that spot is too tall. My putter is 33.5" and the headcover gets squished. It would be fine if I played a mallet head where the cover just covers the head but the blade style putters have longer covers that run down the shaft a bit and this is the part that is getting squished. I'm actually experimenting with using the umbrella slot for the putter. It's fine as long as the weather stays nice.

How do you like the Ogio Atlas? It is one of the ones I am looking at.

ualtim

Sweetest bag I found. I love it. Check out the rain hood that is spring loaded and lets you easily get a club. Slick. Only thing I wished it had was an outside putter holder. It's got an outside umbrella slot though. The only other one I might have considered is the Sun Mountain Lyle just got. I didn't see any of those when I was looking. :D

Gotta have every club in it's proper place in a specific order. Although I put the 4i hybrid on the right side for convenience as I am usually the driver in a cart and it makes them easier to access from the back as well as side, and reverse the 6 and 5 iron for the same reason.

You guys have me motivated to clean up and organize my golf bag now. I am definitely in the minority here. My driver, 3w and hyrids all go in one spot and my putter goes up front but all of my irons are mixed together in no order. I think I need to get more organized.

I'm a neat freak when it comes to my golf bag. I can see it, and how things are, in my sleep.

driver goes back right, recovery and fairway back left. Then working to front with irons leaving wedges atfront and putter in putter well with my chipper if im playing real bad!! Used to have covers for my irons as well until i lost my sw one, also relised how long it took me on shots(cover off, take shot, cover on, back in bag,putting cover in pocket, where did i put cover etc) so dont bother anymore. i only have 2 clubs in most sections other than front with sw/pw/9i. These are all stored in my Callaway warbird XXT in blue to match my X-18's Very sad i know.

resurrecting an old poll

I have an Ogio with the Woode top, so every club has a specific location.

I like to grab a club without thinking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, its been a while since I last read this poll, and I have since obtained an Ogio Atlas with the Unitizer top. Individual club slots keep me a happy man as every club has it's own distinct place which is the way I like it. I can look at my bag and tell immediately if I am missing a club.

I have a Datrek bag with 14 individual full length compartments. I bought it because it drove me crazy trying to keep my clubs organized in my old bag. Although on the days I want to carry more than 14 clubs to compare and experiment it does make it a little difficult. All my clubs have midsize grips on them and its kind of tight trying to fit 2 clubs into one of the compartments.:D

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520