• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Far???

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Reaction score
Well I was wondering how far can you drive.

Im 13 and driving 200 yards. ( not that far but good for being 13 and only golfing 6 months of the year. I have played 4 round this season also.)

130 yards with the wind helping.

I drive 240 average.
I'm changing my swing for something more powerful which involves more... hmm.... someone's going to kill me if I say this... sorry can't tell you :p

bd, he meant with the driver, not your pitching wedge :p

280ish would be a good average.

Loop said:
bd, he meant with the driver, not your pitching wedge :p
Oh, yeah. Oddly enough, that is my pw. Average 275 - 290. Great shots when the planets align are 300 - 315. Have driven 360 before, but the hole was playing short due to wind, elevation drop and extremely hard fairways.

caddyshackgolf said:
Well I was wondering how far can you drive.

Im 13 and driving 200 yards. ( not that far but good for being 13 and only golfing 6 months of the year. I have played 4 round this season also.)

I once drove from belfast over to glasgow - we got a ferry i ddnt drive opver the sea - then i drov down to london that was a long way i can tell yuo i had to keep stopping for a pee.

im 16, and i drive it around 280, today i had a 340-350 yard drive(probably closer to 350, but it would have been 340 from the middle of the fairway which i drove it through;))

main thing you need to worry about,

before lessons: 245 and straight 50 % of time

after lessons: 280 and straight 70 % and growing

long, 345 elevation drop no wind

I average around 285 off the tee on a good day. That includes shots with the wind and against.

Yesterday I hit a drive on a par 4, 352 yards and had 16 yards to the centre of the green left. That's not normal. But once in a while I get the lead out and crank one out there.

Last year, with a 40km tailwind, cutting the corner on an open par 5, I had a drive just over 400 yards. But not as the crow flies. ;)

R35

I am driving from dallas to cleveland tomorrow:)

I average 275 but the longest was 365 all down hill and I caught the cart path on the first bounce, they roll farther that way.

obagain said:
I am driving from dallas to cleveland tomorrow:)

That was terrible. Funny, but terrible....lol.

R35

rockford35 said:
That was terrible. Funny, but terrible....lol.

R35

made worse by the fact that the pun on driving had already been done in an earlier post...

still, imitation is the best form of flattery!

YOULL NEVER BEET THE IRISH!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My driving has increased in the 4 rounds I have played already. Last year when I was 12 I was hitting 170-180 now Im driving 190-200. :)

270-280 avergae but I can get it out there if i hammer on it. The driver I have is junk, hard to hit and totally unforgiving, so I am no where near as accurate as I could be. Plus I it it way way to low with it. Shaft is way to stiff.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54
Back