• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many new golf balls do you own?

How many new golf balls do you own?

• None - I prefer formally new golf balls

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 1-3 Dozen - Just what I need

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • 3-6 Dozen - A few extra dozen won't hurt

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • 6-9 Dozen - A year or two supply

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 9-12 Dozen - What can you say, I like golf balls

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 12-15 Dozen - I really like golf balls

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 15-18 Dozen - Starting to wonder about you

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 18-21 Dozen - Approaching a serious problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25 Dozen - The salespeople at Golfsmith love me

• 26+ Dozen - Please explain.

• Total voters
I got 11 new hx tours in my bag, didnt pay for them though, a pro at the club i work at became a staffer for callaway and got 12 doz hx tours and i bummed a doz off him :laugh: I often do not play new balls either, theres a barrel full of balls at work, members through in their balls after a round. About once a week i'll go through and take four or five good balls in nice condition and that'll last me a week or two.

I normally have about a dozen prov1 at any time plus whatever junk, finds practice balls etc that are lying aroung...

surprised by the lack of people playing the pro v1's on here...the only other ball that i played and liked was the b330

why does no one play pro v1's - is it because of the constant scuffing, the price etc, do people not like the feel , just curious

I usually have 1-2 dozen at a time. I do not lose many balls during a season. The biggest reason to retire a ball is because of 'cart path marks'.

I've got a dozen Pro-v1's in my bag with these shitty looking marks on them.

I love cart paths...

Less than a dozen, I think there are 6-8 new ones in my bag.

Tree and wedge marks are what do my balls in.

This is the scariest thread imaginable for me, as it makes me confront my little 'problem'...

In my cupboard right now I have:

1 doz Pro V1 x-outs
1 doz Pro V1x x-outs
1 doz Bridgestone B330-s
2 doz Nike One Platinum (2005 style)
1 doz Dunlop 65
2 sleeves Srixon Z-URS
1 sleeve each of TM TP Red and Black
2 sleeves Precept XP3 hi-vis yellow and orange
2 sleeves Slazenger Money
2 sleeves Nike Mojo
1 bag assorted Titleist NXTs, So/Lo
1 bag assorted Noodles
1 bag assorted HX Hots/Pearls
1 bag assorted 'found' balls used for water holes/range

And then in my bag I'm currently carrying:
8 Nike One Platinums
6 HX Tour/Tour 56
4 Srixon Z-URS
4 Pro V1/V1x
12 assorted Bridgestone e5/e6

In my defence, a lot of the cheaper balls were bought right at the start of my playing days when I had no idea what to buy - as well as these I've given away at least 4 dozen assorted Nike Mojos, Nike Power Distances and some horrendous Top Flite 'XL Straight's that I got to play my first few rounds. But when I see a bargain for a ball I like these days I just can't help myself!

And you know what makes it all worse?

The other week I found a pristine ball in the woods and used it on the next hole that featured a shot over water. It was brilliant. I finished the round with it, and used it on my next round too where it performed just as well. The reason I'm not saying what make and model is was is because it's a deleted model and I've just managed to secure 5 dozen of them off eBay in case I can never find them again... ;)

I voted 6-9 dozen, which includes the 2 15 packs of Top Flites we got for Christmas, the dozen Titleist X-Outs my dad got from a friend and he passed to me for the kids, and the dozen Noodle Ice my wife buys because they're "pretty".

It doesn't include the 2 dozen used Warbirds I've been playing.

With me, my wife, both boys, and occasionally both girls playing golf, we go through a few balls.

I usually buy 6-8 dozen at a time, as I have to drive about an hour to get them at a reasonable price. Also usually keep about 4 dozen water balls from the course that are likely better than my normal ball, as I am picky on what I keep.

If I were to keep every one I find and played those, it could likely be 50 dozen.

I have boxes of Titleist Professional 100's and 90's. I bought them up when they were discontinuing the line and I got a whole bunch for christmas and birthdays over the years. The sad part was I like the Pro V1's so much that I decided not to use the 100's or 90's anymore. I am thinking about selling them on ebay when they go for some good money. Right now I couldnt even break even selling them.

2 1/2 Dozen Top Flite D2 Feel
2 Dozen Titleist X outs
1 Dozen Nike Distance
1 Dozen Assorted Sleeves

About a 100 used balls

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54