• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many shots can you hit on command?

Not many. Every ball I usually hit has some kind of draw on it, I can hit a pretty good hook as well. :D Like VT, it is a real challenge to hit any kind of fade.

Actually, if I had a go to shot it would likely be a 65 to 75 yard shot with my LW. Nothing to do with how I hit the shot outside of taking a monster divot. The ball just goes right at the pin and sits down nicely. Simply a matter of feel on how I swing the club. I just feel my odds of getting up and down from 65 to 75 yards is about as good from anywhere on the course, including my recent chips, which have been pretty bad. It likely accounts for most of my birdies. Accounted for my 2 birdies today.

I also have a pretty reliable flop shot out of heavy grass when it is sitting up. Although this usually only comes into play as a result of a pretty bad shot to get there. Thinking about it, it is almost the same swing but I sweep the ball instead of taking a divot.

Hi fade, low fade and punch shot. I cannot hit draws of any kind, only low hooks.:laugh:

I can hit a fat shot and If I look up too soon I'll hit a thin shot and the third would be a hard slice! Thats about 90%.

I can hit a fat shot and If I look up too soon I'll hit a thin shot and the third would be a hard slice! Thats about 90%.
Now that I think of it, I also am pretty darn good punching a 5 or 6 iron out and in between a 4 foot gap between two trees. It has come with years of practice. :laugh: It's a shame that when I am on the tee I see a wide open fairway or green and can't hit it with the same accuracy.

Assuming this is a choice of any club in my bag and I've warmed up for 20-30 shots at the range I feel I could hit...

High straight
Low straight
High fade
Low punch fade
High Draw
Low Draw (aka my "stingdraw" low and overspinning)

Now with a wedge I can go
High draw
High fade
Low high spin draw
Skip stop
Semi Flop (Aka the "wristy floater")
Full flop

Not sure I'd get them all on the 1st try but most definitely know how to hit each one and could do so in 3 or 4 shots max. Fade is my natural flight but I now hit a natural draw with my shorter clubs and it seems to move straighter and straighter until a slight fade with the driver.

high fade
low fade
high draw
low draw
hook
slice
punch
floater

so 8

High fade, pretty low fade, high draw, low draw, low hook, low slice, knockdown, punch and run, high up(even higher than my normal shot). Oh yeah, and I can work trajectories decently.

I can hit a fade when I set up for a draw and vice-versa.... what more would you want?

I can play well enough to shoot 82 and win my match today 5 and 3. I had to play plenty of shots, and even though most didn't work quite as planned, I manage the course and my game well enough to play them to a safe miss. I think management is more important for me than playing shots that might or might not work.

The shots that I can play and which DID factor strongly into my win were my chips and pitches. They may not be the shot type that the original poster was thinking of, but I find them to be far more important to my score than any draw or fade from a full shot. Five one putt pars and one no putt birdie were more significant than a couple of pretty draws with the driver today. :beach3:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520

3. 15,300