• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I almost fainted...

Down here in Florida, I usually drink at least one Gatoraide/Poweraide per 9 and refill the bottle with water at the first opportunity. Basically, nothing but riding down here as most courses do not allow walking, but some days riding is hot enough (that and those extra pounds that I carry that are not in the bag.) Wide brimmed hats are almost a must on cloudless days, hats in general are a must unless you enjoy being extra crispy. While I have never done it myself, a wetted towel around the neck seems to be pretty popular with a lot of local golfers to try and keep cool.

Kilted Arab said:
Best advice I read regarding heat on either this forum or maybe GR was "drink water before your round - and drink till your piss runs clear...then go golf".

Since sticking to that, I've suffered far less in the heat. And, of course, keep drinking water as you go round.

That advice came from my girl's high school track coach and he insisted on it before every meet. In his opinion it was how you could be certain that your body of properly hydrated.

If we refused to go out when it's hot here we would only get to play from late September to the end of May so we just deal with it.

That said, no amount of water was going to make you feel ok in the heat with a hangover Bravo.

DaveE said:
If we refused to go out when it's hot here we would only get to play from late September to the end of May so we just deal with it.

Ditto. I'm glad you guys are going through the same as me - my mates back in Scotland have no comprehension of playing in heat like this!

Give me the Scottish wind and rain every time...

Oh, c'mon you guys, I know you feel sorry for me and my 74* temps!

DaveE said:
That advice came from my girl's high school track coach and he insisted on it before every meet. In his opinion it was how you could be certain that your body of properly hydrated.

That said, no amount of water was going to make you feel ok in the heat with a hangover Bravo.

You are right about the vodka...it dries you out...I WILL try the technique you described...just flood the belly with Gatorade/water Before I go out there...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520