• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I blew off work today....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Reaction score
picked up a friend and drove 1 1/2 hours to the Golfsmith store in Norwalk, CT. :D

I got analyzed......swing speed...low= 88 high= 104 average = 96

Got some great tips on fixing up my set up, bought the NV shaft, 75s for the busted Loco and a basic club making set.....I'm all juicy to get started!

Praise be to Golfsmith....what a store! :)

I needed some stuff, why didn't you call? :D

R35

Yeah, Golfsmith is great. I live about an hour from their headquarters and flagship super store. It's an unbelievable facility. Driving range, golf school and the store itself is good for a few hours of looking & testing.

Sure, looking. :D

DaveE said:
Yeah, Golfsmith is great. I live about an hour from their headquarters and flagship super store. It's an unbelievable facility. Driving range, golf school and the store itself is good for a few hours of looking & testing.

Sure, looking. :D

Yes that place in Austin is superb....

Slingblade61 said:
picked up a friend and drove 1 1/2 hours to the Golfsmith store in Norwalk, CT. :D

I got analyzed......swing speed...low= 88 high= 104 average = 96

Got some great tips on fixing up my set up, bought the NV shaft, 75s for the busted Loco and a basic club making set.....I'm all juicy to get started!

Praise be to Golfsmith....what a store! :)

What clubs are you going to make???

Right now I am just concerned with reshafting and regripping.

Later, I will try a set of irons, there were alot of awesome looking snakeyes heads, forged blades, forged musclebacks, nice graduated heads (muscle to cavity) I had a glance at the Tom Wishon site and he had some great stuff (pricey)....I'll probably end up with some cheapy Dynacraft stuff for the first time out....would make a nice gift for my Dad or Father in Law.

Golfsmith has some great products. I was going to buy grips and re grip my clubs myself but when I found out it was $40 shipping to the UK as well as tax I was very dissapointed I was going to get alot of my christmas presents of it.

Golfsmith has stores in the UK I do believe....maybe not in Ireland though I'd think they would.

try this;

Snake Eyes® components are currently available in North America, the UK and Europe (excluding Sweden). Snake Eyes components to the UK or Europe are not available online, or from the United States (Contact Golfsmith Europe at... 441-480-308800.)

BTW...I am putting together a set of Dynacraft irons (ping knock offs) for a christmas present to my father in law....I'll post pics when I have them made up.
pc3plusirons.jpg

Been there, good stuff

Slingblade,

I made a set of the Dynacraft PC3+ irons about a month ago and have played with them ever since. With Mercury Performance (graphite) shafts and GolfPride tour wrap grips, I've got about $120 in 8 irons, and they're great! Based on pictures alone plus a little "rep" from others who've tried them, I figured they'd be good irons for the sloppy season up north. Average temp for the past month or so has been 45-50F, with rain 2 or 3 days a week. With high humidity, cold winds, and zero roll on any shot, I'm getting better consistency and maybe 10 yards less per iron than during the warm season (with my regular irons). Excellent ball flight, with lots of carry. Maybe not quite as much feedback as with my Cleveland TA-7 irons, but who cares if it's straight at the pin and the correct distance? The problem is going to be deciding when to go back to my "regular" irons, 'cause these Dynacrafts are stupid easy to hit.

Really?

Now I am having second thoughts about giving them away. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520