• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I got's me a hybrid

ezra76

Reaction score
Man USPS is fast. I bought this thing on Saturday and just got it, Monday 9:30am. I'll get some pics up later, going to play at least 9 before rain starts.

Clugnut just got one as well so I put a WTB post up on another site. I got a tour Rescue MidTP 22*. We'll see about this shaft, an Aldila VS Proto 95X flex. I've hit the shaft before and it was stiff and tight but that was in a 3W. I've got an S300 .355t 2i or 3i shaft I could put in it. I'll give the VS a chance first though. Great looking club though.

Good luck with that club , love my hybrid

I couldn't be without my hybrids...

Fairway bunker shots are no longer a problem. Just hit it like an iron Ez, not a fairway wood. :)

I couldn't be without my hybrids...

Fairway bunker shots are no longer a problem. Just hit it like an iron Ez, not a fairway wood. :)

On the golf channel yesterday they had some pro who's name I do not recall. They were discussing hybrids & he said he sweeps them just like a fairway wood. I have heard that as well as hit down on them like an iron yet I know for myself the sweep works better.

On the golf channel yesterday they had some pro who's name I do not recall. They were discussing hybrids & he said he sweeps them just like a fairway wood. I have heard that as well as hit down on them like an iron yet I know for myself the sweep works better.
hmm...if i hit a hybrid like my fairway wood it dribbles down the fairway....however if i hit it like my irons, works perfectly...

different strokes i guess....

good luck. I can not be without a hybrid. I know you will give us a review. Will be looking for it.

hmm...if i hit a hybrid like my fairway wood it dribbles down the fairway....however if i hit it like my irons, works perfectly...

different strokes i guess....

I tend towards sweeping my irons too though, I know it's not the correct way & have been working on doing it properly but it's something I am having a hell of time wrapping my head around.

I tend towards sweeping my irons too though, I know it's not the correct way & have been working on doing it properly but it's something I am having a hell of time wrapping my head around.

Yeah, some people are just natural sweepers...my swing is naturaly very steep so hitting down on the ball is natural to me. WHich is also why i hit my irons better than my driver for a long time

Took me a lot of buckets of balls on the range to get my swing shallow enough to hit the driver correctly

Wow! Ezra bought another golf club!! Call the papers...stop the presses...alert the media!!!!

Will wonders never frickin' cease???

:D

Wow! Ezra bought another golf club!! Call the papers...stop the presses...alert the media!!!!

Will wonders never frickin' cease???

:D

It might just be me but I'm picking up on some sarcasm here... ;)

Ez, nice pick up. Knowing you, I'm betting you managed to find a deal where the guy paid you to take it off his hands!

As for the sweeping/hitting down of a hybrid, I think a lot depends on what model you're playing. There are quite a few hybrids on the market that respond better to a sweeping swing and others that will give you fits if you try to sweep it.

They haven't invented a hybrid that suits my swing, :laugh:

Nice pick up Ez, hope it works out great for you.

I dropped a few crappy balls around the course to try it out today. Oddly I striped the 1st one dead straight, mark dead center on the face. The rest were pulled or blocked. I used it twice in actual play and one was a big block, the other a big pull. Both holes I bogied. I think I'm going to have to either put an S300 2i or 3i shaft in it. I think I might use the 2i shaft then cut and regrip at a later date. All in all I like the club. It's definitely easier to get the head on the ball than the 3i. The X flex is definitely too much for me though. That sucker is low torque pole. Shame as it's a pretty club with the red/black decade but at least I can sell the VS for something.

Tis done. I'm glad I used the 2i shaft. After pulling both and dry fitting I realized the Rescue hosel is deeper than the iron hosel. So now it's right on the same length as it was and the same as my 3i. Doesn't look as cool but whatever. It'll get a workout if I move back to the tips again one of these days. 3 of the par 3's are 200 and I'll need it for a couple par 4 approach shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520