• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I need your help

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Reaction score
LOL. I should know better than ask you bunch of smartasses for anything serious, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

I have GOT to lose some weight and get in shape. The Lose It! diet alone ain't doing it. In the last 7 years, this desk job has ruined me, and I admit it's mostly my fault. I no longer have the time or energy to exercise when I get home at night, sometimes as late as 8 PM, so I have got to start exercising at work. I have the spare time and I should have been doing it all along.

So today I started the 7 Minute Workout and downloaded the app to help remind me to do it. If I can get down to 160 pounds from my current 195, I will treat myself to a used 911 Turbo.

I have already cut out the diet sodas, try to eat no more than 1200 calories a day, and i'm drinking about 6-8 500ml bottles of water a day.

What else?

There's a meal plan out there called The 100 or something like that, that works by cutting your sugar calories down to 100. It worked for me and as a bonus you get to have 2 glasses of wine a night, if you want.

It's all about calories in vs calories out. Also, exercise a little and don't be so lazy. It's not rocket surgery.

It's all about calories in vs calories out. Also, exercise a little and don't be so lazy. It's not rocket surgery.
That's what I used to think, but it's much more complicated than that. Different people's bodies react to different calories in different ways. But yeah, exercise is just good all around.

That's what I used to think, but it's much more complicated than that. Different people's bodies react to different calories in different ways. But yeah, exercise is just good all around.
I think you understand what I mean. Don't make it harder than it has to be. You don't have to diet, just eat a little better. Shop for ingredients instead of meals. Grab an apple instead of a bag of chips. Avoid sugary drinks. Cut your portions down a little bit. Simple things that don't necessarily require a life change. People who make it harder than it has to be fail at a very high rate. Doc's looking to lose 35 lbs. Very doable. Now if you are looking to lose an entire person drastic measures might be in order.

I know part of it is laziness, but I just don't have the energy I used to have. Seriously, some days I barely have enough energy to walk to the refrigerator.

Do something, anything Doc. Walk around the block. Walk in place watching TV, ANYTHING!!!!. Before you know it a lb. or two will come off and you will notice an uptick in energy.

I HATE the word diet(in the context that one 'goes on a diet). Going on a diet is a short term solution to a long term problem.

The best way to get healthy...
1. Don't eat empty calories. Drink TONS of water.
2. Forget about eating for taste. Change your mindset so that you're eating for needed nutrients not to be happy while eating.
3. Weight training and/or cardio 6 days a week

The way that I feel works for most people-
My suggestion for people that are looking to lose weight but don't want to change their habits too much...Eat half of what you currently eat. So...if you typically have 4 pieces of pizza and two beers when you have pizza on Friday night, have two pieces and one beer. Don't just plain cut out pizza and beer...most people can't make that huge life change cold turkey. Also double your current activity level OR get 30-60 minutes of elevated heart rate a day...whatever's more. That's it. Unless you're currently gaining weight at a pretty quick rate, this will absolutely have you losing weight...although it's never going to get you to an 'ideal' weight.

The great thing about this is that it gets you to see some changes without massive lifestyle changes. At that point, one of two things is going to happen. 1. You're going to be happy with your new level, and just maintain it. 2. You're going to be excited about dropping weight and the new found energy and you will be ready and willing to make more significant life changes.

I HATE the word diet(in the context that one 'goes on a diet). Going on a diet is a short term solution to a long term problem.

The best way to get healthy...
1. Don't eat empty calories. Drink TONS of water.
2. Forget about eating for taste. Change your mindset so that you're eating for needed nutrients not to be happy while eating.
3. Weight training and/or cardio 6 days a week

The way that I feel works for most people-
My suggestion for people that are looking to lose weight but don't want to change their habits too much...Eat half of what you currently eat. So...if you typically have 4 pieces of pizza and two beers when you have pizza on Friday night, have two pieces and one beer. Don't just plain cut out pizza and beer...most people can't make that huge life change cold turkey. Also double your current activity level OR get 30-60 minutes of elevated heart rate a day...whatever's more. That's it. Unless you're currently gaining weight at a pretty quick rate, this will absolutely have you losing weight...although it's never going to get you to an 'ideal' weight.

The great thing about this is that it gets you to see some changes without massive lifestyle changes. At that point, one of two things is going to happen. 1. You're going to be happy with your new level, and just maintain it. 2. You're going to be excited about dropping weight and the new found energy and you will be ready and willing to make more significant life changes.
This is exactly what I did and I'm down 46 lbs. My initial goal is 50 with the ultimate goal being to lose 80lbs.

Meanwhile I'm having Arby's for lunch.

:poop:

Looooooooove the Arby's sandwiches and curly fries, and they love me.

Gonna do the 7 Minute Workout every day for a week, then start twice a day. It's not like this is impossible, as I have lost 50 lbs at a time before. It's just more difficult now.

Do something, anything Doc. Walk around the block. Walk in place watching TV, ANYTHING!!!!. Before you know it a lb. or two will come off and you will notice an uptick in energy.

Exactly. Don't wait for the perfect time to do the perfect exercise.

A buddy of mine was once asked by some office fatties his secret to weight loss. He said to them, "start moving." They asked,"what do we need to do?" He said, "anything. Just start moving."

Recovering from my recent back injury means I'm doing more walking. It's having a nice side effect.

If you want to track your movement, buy a jawbone up24. It has the best app of them all and is the most comfortable and discreet to wear.

I lost 30lbs last fall due to an effed up Gall Bladder.

Since old GB has been removed, I have maintained my weight by eating in moderation and changing my intake choices.

I used to eat chips at night as a snack on a semi regular basis. Now, it's kiwi fruit, or an orange. I also like pears. Pop and soda is out, very rarely do I drink any of it. I had a Dr. Pepper in April when I was down in Utah, and that was the first soft drink I had had in almost 8 months.

Another thing is Water. Drink lots of water. It keeps you feeling full and not needing that food in your gullet. I never drank water at work, now I drink it constantly. Makes a huge difference for cravings.

Lastly, breakfast. While it might be the well know most important meal of the day, it's also the worst for calories. Cereals, jams, syrups, all that shit is just bad, empty calories and worthless. I try to eat a low calorie energy bar and that's done a world of good for me.

I might add, I ride my mountain bike regularly, use a rowing machine regularly and I rarely eat anything sweet like candy, cake, pie, what have you. That shit is killer as well.

It's just a mental state you have to get into. Once that hurdle is past, what was a choice becomes second habit. But, it won't happen overnight, you have to stick with it. When I was told that fat would likely induce a GB stone attack, F-me, I did not want that again. So, I was ridiculously tight on fat. Salad became my friend. (And you can spice up a salad with nuts, fruit, whatever and make it healthy. Just go light on the dressing.)

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422