• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

I think I found her!

No, but only cuz the cops said they couldn't do anything. I have a lawyer friend in that town... gonna ask him what to do next.
But the important thing is did you file a police report because you absolute can take that as evidence to civil court.

There may be a dollar value at which a felony is declared in your state.

Just found the report. It was filed as criminal damage, which is a felony in Arizona.

I've got everything on this lady... addresses, job history, phone numbers, aliases, I even have her social security number.

Here's the problem: She's a broke piece of white trash. If I follow through with anything legal, I'll never see a dime from her. If I get her sent to jail, big deal. I'm still out the money (and time) there's one more tax-payer mouth to feed, and she's raising an 11 year old. Seems like a no-win for me. Maybe just"raising awareness" to people she knows would be good enough... I dunno.

Why doesn't she have a warrant out for her arrest since there is a police report? What in the world did she do that racked up 5k in damages?

Why doesn't she have a warrant out for her arrest since there is a police report?
You got me!? I was living here in Oregon and called in the report.

What in the world did she do that racked up 5k in damages?
Short version: She let her dogs (which she wasn't supposed to have) destroy the flooring and walls.

Long version: Her dogs pissed and shat so much in the house that the concrete under what was left of the carpet was saturated. I say "what was left" because she ripped up most of the carpeting and laid down remnant pieces from god knows where. The laminated wood flooring was soaked through and the padding underneath was swollen with piss (and this is in the kitchen and dining room!). There was so much piss that it soaked up through the baseboards and started rotting the sheetrock from behind the paint. There was even animal crap smeared on the walls. She broke the fridge and I think she stole the washer and dryer. Once she stopped paying her rent, I hired property management to start the eviction process. They never could get in the house because she actually changed the locks and then skipped town!

The house was unlivable when the realtor got there. A locksmith opened the door and she said she almost passed out from the stench. She opened all the windows and a week later she still had trouble going in.

So all the carpet and wood flooring had to be replaced as well as some of the walls, the refrigerator and washer/dryer.

True f-n story. People actually live like that, man. It blows my mind.

The next door neighbor just confirmed that it is, in fact, her facebook page.

:devil:

Wow.... she's sounding like a better person the more I hear about her. I am starting to have a hard time seeing why you have a problem with her

People who live in squalor don't often clean up overnight. No 11 year old kid should be subjected to living in that environment. Place an anoymous call to Child Protective Services where she lives. Explain to them you feel the child is being forced to live amongst animal feces. If nothing else, that should intitiate a knock on her door.
Then, contact the SPCA or similar organization in her area. Report her, again anonymously, for animal cruelty. Door knock number two.
Find a local investigate journalist... newspaper or television... from her area. Tell them you have a human interest story, but MUST remain nameless. Explain what you found when you finally gained entry to your rental property. Tell the reporter you believe a child is living in similar squalor in their town... where she now resides. See if the reporter would knock on her door and ask to interview her. Door knock number three.
As you say, you will probably never see a cent of your money. That's one of the problems of owning rental property. However, you should be able to make her life miserable... from afar. Make every attempt to not divulge your identity to any of the reporting agencies. However, if you have documents confirming your story narrated in this thread, you should have sufficient evidence to prove your concern for the health and welfare of the child and pets should you ever be identified.

So, It sounds like you have come to the conclusion that you won't be getting any $$ from her, did you learn how to be a better landlord? Screen your applicants better?

I would chalk this up to a "stupid tax" and move on. Stupid tax meaning you paid money to learn a lesson and hopefully won't make the same mistake again.

Does that sound right or am I way off base here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520